CoD: Black Ops Hides Full Verison of Zork

Status
Not open for further replies.

endif

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Haha thats awesome. I have always said that games are getting too streamlined by large corporations. I am glad that Activision still has a playful side to it.

G

I don't think calling it a DOS game is really correct. Before infocom bought it, named it Zork, and published it for profit, it was played by many a geek on Unix and VMS mainframes.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]fismit[/nom]I don't think calling it a DOS game is really correct. Before infocom bought it, named it Zork, and published it for profit, it was played by many a geek on Unix and VMS mainframes.[/citation]The trilogy of Zork I-III were episodic versions of the original PDP-based game which was too large for 8-bit systems. I played it on an Apple IIe back in the day.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]Putting an invisible subscribe button over the entire video...what an *beep*.[/citation]

That's clickjacking. Noscript on Firefox detects that. Could be an ISP or an advertiser on Tom's.

clist

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Yeah, great, too bad the game is a laggy piece of poop as compared to CoD4 and MWII - at least on the PC...

I was so psyched to be able to have another CoD game and one with DEDICATED SERVERS, and then I started playing it and saw that Treyarch hadn't learned anything from CoD5/WaW... just like that game this one has brutally frustrating lag spikes every time an enemy shows up on screen - to the point that it's nearly unplayable (IMO). I am talking about the PC version - of course. I just can;t understand how the Treyarch gameplay could be so bad when the IW experience is so good and they are using the same game engine.

Well, at least I can play Zork... it'll bring me back to my C-64 days.... ah "Bard's Tale" how I loved thee...

Cheers,
CList

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
"UPDATE: Players can actually browse through the virtual PC, typing "DIR" to see its full contents and "HELP" to see a list of commands. There's a good possibility that Activision has hidden other Easter eggs on the PC, so gamers are encouraged to experiment."
LMFAO! People are definitely in love with M$...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]If anyone would like to look at the ZORK games, without the need to purchase CoD :BO, you can download them for free here...http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html[/citation]
Nice thanks Jason!!!!

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Now thats pretty darn cool, I wish more games included easter eggs, it adds another level of fun to a game/software, and even if just for a moment gives you that "special felling" like someone just gave you a gift at random, you know what I mean.

Oh and how do people ever figure out how to do wierd things like that? They must be leaked somehow, the chances of finding that at random is like winning the lotto.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I actually think they did an awesome job on the easter eggs. Not what I was expecting. And at least they didnt make that zombie based smash tv clone a paid DLC.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Is it me or that video showed the first game going by veeeeery fast ?

I would laugh out loud if they just used something like DosBox to make it run without correcting the clock cycle problem with old games!

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
There should be an achievment for those COD players that actually beat Zork. Not that i care about achievments, but I think any COD player dedicated enough to beat Zork with their gamepad deserves something.

ginjen

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
My Atari 800 used to rock Zork. I was so happy once I got it on floppy because the cassette drive sucked the life out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.