Microsoft Antispyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
So I tried to update mine because the beta expired yesterday and MS wants to authenticate my Windows. Went through the motions but then said fug it when it wanted me to intall something for, or to, or replace my ActiveX.

Time to learn Linux....?

....WW (5.1)

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Yep ... no more M$ sh|t unless you want to jump thru their hoops ... you can still get critical windows updates by download, but everything else ... you must submit to a "Gates strip-search" ...

It's M$ for you ...

<b>"The Edge - there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson, </b><b><i>Hell's Angels, 1965</i></b>

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Yea...I think the Avant browser I use was giving them fits. I have noticed my computer seems a little snappier since their AS isn't running anymore.

....WW (5.1)

Strange... mine doesn't expire until December 31st...

You didn't let it auto-update, did you? :tongue:

There have been at least 3 new version updates since the version that expired on July 31st. As for the ActiveX thing... see a post in the Win XP section on how to get around Windows validation for Windows Update.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Always did manual updates once a week. Anyway I have removed it for now...maybe I will fire up IE and have a go at it this weekend. I kind of like the better response from my machine since it quit running so I may not put it back on.

....WW (5.1)

Manual update won't work for getting newer versions of the program... must be a beta-type bug. I do know that the newer versions correct some of the issues with the older ones.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Status
Not open for further replies.