Windows XP Boot

March 9, 2005 11:11:02 AM

I recently installed a Labtec webcam. The initial install was interrupted,
the second install was successful. However, when I have to reboot my puter
it takes up to 14 minutes to boot. I uninstalled the Labtec webcam hoping
this would fix the boot duration problem. The problem was not fixed.

I restored xp to an earlier date than the Labtec install date... This did
not solve the problem. I then ran XP disk cleanup... no change.

Can anyone help me, I do not want to have to re-format.

Thank you

Linda

More about : windows boot

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:25:26 AM

Linda, you may want to check for virus, trojan, spyware and adware. 14
minutes is an eternity for boot.
Use all of these free sites. What one misses the other gets.
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=...

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.webroot.com/

"LindaProkopchuk" <LindaProkopchuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:81C1A415-4645-49F4-A72F-D9FF38C245C6@microsoft.com...
>I recently installed a Labtec webcam. The initial install was interrupted,
> the second install was successful. However, when I have to reboot my
> puter
> it takes up to 14 minutes to boot. I uninstalled the Labtec webcam hoping
> this would fix the boot duration problem. The problem was not fixed.
>
> I restored xp to an earlier date than the Labtec install date... This did
> not solve the problem. I then ran XP disk cleanup... no change.
>
> Can anyone help me, I do not want to have to re-format.
>
> Thank you
>
> Linda
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:33:53 AM

Linda

Any error reports in Event Viewer during the time it takes to boot?

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can make it harder to search for information about the
error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer. When researching the meaning of the error, information
regarding Event ID, Source and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Double click the button and close Event
Viewer. Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of
the message. This will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error
Report complete with links into the message. Make sure this is the
first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

How much RAM memory? How large is your hard disk and how much free space
on the hard disk?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry