Windows XP Boot

I recently installed a Labtec webcam. The initial install was interrupted,
the second install was successful. However, when I have to reboot my puter
it takes up to 14 minutes to boot. I uninstalled the Labtec webcam hoping
this would fix the boot duration problem. The problem was not fixed.

I restored xp to an earlier date than the Labtec install date... This did
not solve the problem. I then ran XP disk cleanup... no change.

Can anyone help me, I do not want to have to re-format.

Thank you

Linda
2 answers Last reply
More about windows boot

    Linda, you may want to check for virus, trojan, spyware and adware. 14
    minutes is an eternity for boot.
    Use all of these free sites. What one misses the other gets.
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    http://www.webroot.com/

    "LindaProkopchuk" <LindaProkopchuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:81C1A415-4645-49F4-A72F-D9FF38C245C6@microsoft.com...
    >I recently installed a Labtec webcam. The initial install was interrupted,
    > the second install was successful. However, when I have to reboot my
    > puter
    > it takes up to 14 minutes to boot. I uninstalled the Labtec webcam hoping
    > this would fix the boot duration problem. The problem was not fixed.
    >
    > I restored xp to an earlier date than the Labtec install date... This did
    > not solve the problem. I then ran XP disk cleanup... no change.
    >
    > Can anyone help me, I do not want to have to re-format.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Linda

    Linda

    Any error reports in Event Viewer during the time it takes to boot?

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    discrepancies can make it harder to search for information about the
    error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer. When researching the meaning of the error, information
    regarding Event ID, Source and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
    button resembling two pages. Double click the button and close Event
    Viewer. Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of
    the message. This will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error
    Report complete with links into the message. Make sure this is the
    first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    How much RAM memory? How large is your hard disk and how much free space
    on the hard disk?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "LindaProkopchuk" <LindaProkopchuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:81C1A415-4645-49F4-A72F-D9FF38C245C6@microsoft.com...
    >I recently installed a Labtec webcam. The initial install was
    >interrupted,
    > the second install was successful. However, when I have to reboot my
    > puter
    > it takes up to 14 minutes to boot. I uninstalled the Labtec webcam
    > hoping
    > this would fix the boot duration problem. The problem was not fixed.
    >
    > I restored xp to an earlier date than the Labtec install date... This
    > did
    > not solve the problem. I then ran XP disk cleanup... no change.
    >
    > Can anyone help me, I do not want to have to re-format.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Linda

Webcams Boot Windows XP