NBA 2k12 problem

Cermet

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
Hi, I recently installed NBA 2k12 and the game doesn't start. I try to launch the game but nothing happens. What is interesting that when I open the task manager there is no nba2k12.exe running but when I go to the processes tab I can see that there is an NBA 2k12 process running with a high cpu precentage.
It is quite strange since nba 2k11 ran quite decent on this computer(and developers said that the nba 2k12 requirements are the same as 2k11) I even tried the www.canurunit.com site and it told me that I can run this game.

I updated all my drivers and I even tried running it on different kind of windows 7 and xp and the problem seems to be the same.

My PC is Amd Athlon XP 3200+ , Radeon x1950 pro and 1.5 gb ram.

I searched the internet for similar problem threads but I couldn't fin any. And I even installed the game on my weak NETBOOK acer aspire one and it worked, very very slow but It worked.

So does anybody have clue why is there such a problem and how to fix it ?

Thanks.

jpri00

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I have the same problem on my machine with AMD Athlon 3000+ 2GB RAM and geforce 7900 ... The game won't run and there is a process nba2k12.exe with 100% utilisation of processor....

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
No, what is interesting is how many views this thread has gotten.

People must not have any answers.

Have you tried compatibility mode?

If so, and that didn't work, I have an idea. Although, it's a long shot. But what have you got to lose? And it will only take a minute.

If nothing else, then it could tell us more about what it ain't.

And this program is worth having, anyway.

Go here, and download the file. Click download as soon as you get to the page - the next page should begin download immediately.

http://game-booster.en.softonic.com/download

It will boost your CPU, which seems to be the problem. But this program also suspends certain things pertaining to the CPU, as to allow games to run better. Just maybe, one of things it suspends is what is causing you your trouble.

If that link don't work, just google Game Booster 3 and download it - it's free. The link I sent you - if it works - is just less annoying.

Please let me know either way, and if it doesn't, we can try some other things.

Once game booster is installed and open, just right click on the NBA 2K12 shortcut, and select "run with game-booster".

Let me know, either way.

shinel

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

Did you install the crack to your pc?
Check your OS if it is 32 or 64 bit.
try to change your OS into windows Xp because it support all games.
my advise is do not install games to your netbook maybe it will work but run slow.

shinel

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

tagalog nalang kasi mas madili sabihin ang sagot kong gusto niyo