Desktop icons

after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer off
upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left side of
the desktop. How do I stop this?

--
mbtrailmix
3 answers Last reply

    Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By | UNCheck: AutoArrange

    AutoArrange
    [[Arranges the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net,
    mbtrailmix <mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer off
    > upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left side of
    > the desktop. How do I stop this?
    >

    > --
    > mbtrailmix

    Well that's a much better idea than what I was going to say...to put the
    monitor on a flat surface. <ha ha>

    Modem Ani

    > Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By | UNCheck: AutoArrange
    >
    > AutoArrange
    > [[Arranges the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net,
    > mbtrailmix <mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > > after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer off
    > > upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left side of
    > > the desktop. How do I stop this?
    > >

    > > --
    > > mbtrailmix

    Well, I guess they could level out that way also. ;-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23i4OHSaJFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Modem Ani <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Well that's a much better idea than what I was going to say...to put
    > the monitor on a flat surface. <ha ha>
    >
    > Modem Ani

    >> Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By | UNCheck: AutoArrange
    >>
    >> AutoArrange
    >> [[Arranges the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net,
    >> mbtrailmix <mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    >>> after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer
    >>> off upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left
    >>> side of the desktop. How do I stop this?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> mbtrailmix

Desktop Icons Computers Microsoft Windows XP