Desktop icons

March 10, 2005 8:12:07 PM

after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer off
upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left side of
the desktop. How do I stop this?

--
mbtrailmix

More about : desktop icons

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:12:08 PM

Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By | UNCheck: AutoArrange

AutoArrange
[[Arranges the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net,
mbtrailmix <mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
> after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer off
> upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left side of
> the desktop. How do I stop this?
>

> --
> mbtrailmix
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:12:09 PM

Well that's a much better idea than what I was going to say...to put the
monitor on a flat surface. <ha ha>

Modem Ani

news:o Ve6gDaJFHA.3428@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By | UNCheck: AutoArrange
>
> AutoArrange
> [[Arranges the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net,
> mbtrailmix <mbtrailmix.1lov1t@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
> > after loading the recient XP upgrade everytime I turn my computer off
> > upon restart my desktop icons are all reshuffled to the left side of
> > the desktop. How do I stop this?
> >

> > --
> > mbtrailmix
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:12:10 PM

Well, I guess they could level out that way also. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User