Water Cooled Cases

ironhell

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
So I don't know about anyone else out there, but I am getting awfully sick of my loud computer... I am running an AMD 2000 and got some blowholes on top of the case and on the side etc. I think I am convinced that instead of just trying to get quieter fans etc. in an effort to "quiet" my computer... I am opting for water cooling... This is going with the assumption that water cooling is in fact "superior" than the standard stack 'em fan option. What are your experiences with water cooling? Just how "quiet" is it? What is a good case to get? Anything pointers and tips? Things I outta watch out for? Good articles I can read to educate myself on this topic? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

IronHell

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
A properly done watercooling job can be almost completely silent. The problem is, it's going to take some practice to get it right. If you decide to do it, make sure you do lots of homework beforehand. There are tons of threads over on <A HREF="http://www.hardforum.com" target="_new">Hard Forum</A> about water cooling/alternative cooling. That forum deals alot more with mod/customization than others.