Which PSU??

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I definitely need a new PSU, my 5V rail is sitting at 4.57V and my 12V rail has dropped to 11.67V, and today I'm sure I can smell something odd and if I put my nose by the psu fan its strongest there....

Anyways, I've checked the forums over and I have decided on a Sparkle brand which has the part number FSP350-60BTS, which I believe means that it was made by Fortron.

My question, stupid as it may sound:

Is there anything special I need to look for to make sure that this is compatible with my ASUS CUSL2-C motherboard?? I don't want to go ahead and buy one that has the wrong connectors etc...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's a great power supply, lots of nice features. You can get the same supply with the Fortron Source lable from Newegg for $36.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
Thanks Crash, Newegg doesn't ship to Canada, so I'm stuck with the Sparkle one..it's going to cost me around $80 CDN plus tax from a local retailer.

Unfortunately, even at $36 US, it probably would cost me around $80 CDN by the time it gets here anyways...(Plus shipping, tax, exchange, customs duty/brokerage fees, yada, yada, yada)

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I've been looking around and I can find other PSU's cheaper, but not that brand.

The other one I can find is an ULTRA brand which claims to be 'the highest quality PSU on the market', but I'm sure that's just advertising....I would like to stick to one of the ones recommended here.

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
Found the following (all plus shipping & tax):

Antec 350W with two fans for $70.96CAD
Enermax EG365P-VE(FM)350W for $68.32CAD

There is also an SPS Inc. one that has an FSP350-60BTS
part number (same part number as the Sparkle one I mentioned above), which I assume means its made by Fortron for $62.40CAD

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think the SP in SPS means Sparkle Power. That would be the best power supply from those you've listed.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>