XP stops loading during boot

Hi!

This problem occured for the first time after i decided to try out the WIN
Xp 64 Pro RC2 on my computer. Just after loading from the cd i decided not to
install after all. (I had some files i really needed to save first).. During
the next boot the computer stopped working in between the Black XP loading
screen and the blue welcome screen. so i rebooted and timed the delay, it
seems to be around 10 - 15 seconds. Does anyone here have any hints of where
the problem is, what the problem is, and if its fixable? Its really really
annoying!

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/x64/trial/support.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Gjermund" wrote:

| Hi!
|
| This problem occured for the first time after i decided to try out the WIN
| Xp 64 Pro RC2 on my computer. Just after loading from the cd i decided not to
| install after all. (I had some files i really needed to save first).. During
| the next boot the computer stopped working in between the Black XP loading
| screen and the blue welcome screen. so i rebooted and timed the delay, it
| seems to be around 10 - 15 seconds. Does anyone here have any hints of where
| the problem is, what the problem is, and if its fixable? Its really really
| annoying!

Maybe i didnt say this. But its the 32 bit windows version who got butchered..
Any other thougths?

There is no "Windows XP 64 Pro RC2" version available.
Where did you find it? Any 64-bit version of Windows XP
must be installed on a clean, reformatted drive or partition.
It cannot upgrade over an existing Windows XP 32-bit O/S.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Gjermund" wrote:

| Maybe i didnt say this. But its the 32 bit windows version who got butchered..
| Any other thougths?

TRENDING THREADS