Taiwanese Idol, Linda Liao, Wins SC2 Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hot game girl with lots of money. The girl of my dream. drool

ttt222

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
"If only she was my girlfriend................
she doesn't have to speak english, cause I know chinese :D"

Yea, she speaks English. She went to college in UK

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]You mean Mandarin? Chinese is a writing system.[/citation]

Um, Mandarin and Cantonese are written and verbal languages;

Chinese is a race/ethnicity.

I'm not sure are aware, but they are the same exact written language, it's only the verbal component that is different.

I've been told by a Chinese friend, that Mandarin and Cantonese are refered to as dialects, not languages.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

Are you sure? I was under the impression Mandarin was a dialect of Cantonese and some parts were different. Regardless, "Chinese" is not a language and that was the point of my post.

After reading up on it a little on Wikipedia, which could lower it's validity a little, it seems they refer to both as a language and a dialect. They are mostly the same written language, but there apparently are some differences.

Guess we both got it partly wrong :p

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]After reading up on it a little on Wikipedia, which could lower it's validity a little, it seems they refer to both as a language and a dialect. They are mostly the same written language, but there apparently are some differences.Guess we both got it partly wrong[/citation]

even mandarin was once a dialect until mao standardized chinese after the civil war.

so this linda became the "taiwan goddess" of gaming? shouldn't korea have an equivalent. BoxeR's girlfriend perhaps?

Memoscorp

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]Are you sure? I was under the impression Mandarin was a dialect of Cantonese and some parts were different. Regardless, "Chinese" is not a language and that was the point of my post.[/citation]

Chinese is a language. Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects of Chinese. The written words are all the same. It's just the way that it's spoken that's different.
Source: I'm Chinese and speak Cantonese.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
ok now i am leaving for my exams hence this comment...what is SC2.... pls remind me...
aaahh...the age of hot chicks and computers.....looks like there is sum hope for us nerds

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Someone quick take some dna and clone her twice for every nerd in the world that would kickjump us to the spaceage.
Gee mother nerd + father nerd makes the ultimate nerd. I refere to the therm nerd in a possitive way.

Se has so much awesome in her i think she destabilises the universe in a way. Somewhere black holes collapse to sustain her awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.