Hi Guys! Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this message, but I couldn't find anywhere else.
My PC has been running fine ever since I built it before the summer, (specs at the end of the post). But since Friday it's been performing rather off. It'll still run anything I can throw at it, but at unexpected moments it'll Hang for about 5-30 seconds before carring on like nothing's wrong. To be specific, the image on the screen will freeze, and the audio will often loop like a skipping record, and when it's over, sometimes I'll get a stream of graphics as if the computer is trying to catch up with where it should be. Maybe that's not the best way to explain it. It happens no matter what I'm doing - Dicking about in windows or running Crysis on Max Settings.
The only thing I can think that triggered this was my installation of Battlefield Bad Company 2 the day prior, also the new Team Fortress 2 update that happened the same day. I also fucked about with the firewall a little and had to update Punkbuster manually, since I was having connection problems with BC2 (it wasn't finding a single server most of the time)
What I've Tried:
- Doing a system restore to before BC2 was installed. This had no apparant effect.
- I don't think it's a network problem - I thought it might've been since the router's plug fused the other week (this caused the electricty box in the house to trip), I played some offline games to make sure, and none of the other PC's in the house aren't suffering from the same problems.
- It's probably not Malware or a Virus. I went through aford10's malware removal process outlined HERE, and it barely found anything at all, but it did clear my pc up a bit (temp files and the like).
Please please please can anyone help? I've just got over the fear of my PC rejecting me, it's creator, by doing some crap like this. And just on the cusp of the Fall's gaming release schedule. Any help would be very much appreciated. Here's my system specs:
* Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Socket LGA1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
* ASUS P7P55D-E PRO iP55 Socket 1156 8 Channel Audio USB3 ATX Motherboard
* XFX 650W XXX Edition Single Rail Modular PSU - 13.5cm Fan 6x SATA 4x PCI-E
* Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM
* XFX 5850 1GB DDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Graphics Card
* Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Ballistix Memory Kit CL7 (7-7-7-24) 1.65V
* Antec 900 Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan - No PSU
* Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, 4 Heat Pipes, LGA775/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3
I've taken a look at the PSU Voltages, and if I'm reading it right - I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'll post some images tomorrow to make sure. It's still got this problem. Can anyone else weigh in?
Sounds like your mobo might have some minor internal damage when the power tripped. That is the number one cause for pc's to start to fail, power outage. The issues you are having remind me of a dying mobo, sluggish then catches up.