System Restore won't allow navigation to earlier dates

March 11, 2005 2:33:02 AM

I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that pops us to pick a
restore point won't let me go to previous months to select a date. Anyone
seen this before?

More about : system restore navigation earlier dates

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 3:38:09 AM

Yes, if there are no Restore Points available, you can not navigate to the
previous months.

Many things can cause loss of Restore Points, when they are gone, they are
gone and can not be recovered or used.
Some of the things are:
Available space on hard drive
Computer usage
Space you dedicate to System Restore

If you use Real Player, try doing without it for a few days:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812119
And others.

See this link for more about System Restore:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/f...

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"snort" <snort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that pops us to pick a
> restore point won't let me go to previous months to select a date. Anyone
> seen this before?
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 1:04:18 PM

And if all else fails, take a look here.
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

snort wrote:
> I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that
> pops us to pick a restore point won't let me go to
> previous months to select a date. Anyone seen this
> before?
March 15, 2005 12:47:04 AM

Thanks, Jupiter and Bert. It looks like it was shutting down because of lack
of space on a secondary hard drive. I cleared enough space and have
discontinued monitoring of that drive since I'm not running any applications
from it and system restore has resumed creating new restore points.

"snort" wrote:

> I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that pops us to pick a
> restore point won't let me go to previous months to select a date. Anyone
> seen this before?
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:27:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback, and glad to hear you have it sorted out.

Keeping System Restore Healthy
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/healthy.html

--
Regards,