System Restore won't allow navigation to earlier dates

I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that pops us to pick a
restore point won't let me go to previous months to select a date. Anyone
seen this before?
4 answers Last reply
More about system restore navigation earlier dates

    Yes, if there are no Restore Points available, you can not navigate to the
    previous months.

    Many things can cause loss of Restore Points, when they are gone, they are
    gone and can not be recovered or used.
    Some of the things are:
    Available space on hard drive
    Computer usage
    Space you dedicate to System Restore

    If you use Real Player, try doing without it for a few days:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812119
    And others.

    See this link for more about System Restore:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "snort" <snort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that pops us to pick a
    > restore point won't let me go to previous months to select a date. Anyone
    > seen this before?

    And if all else fails, take a look here.
    System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srauto.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    snort wrote:
    > I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that
    > pops us to pick a restore point won't let me go to
    > previous months to select a date. Anyone seen this
    > before?

    Thanks, Jupiter and Bert. It looks like it was shutting down because of lack
    of space on a secondary hard drive. I cleared enough space and have
    discontinued monitoring of that drive since I'm not running any applications
    from it and system restore has resumed creating new restore points.

    "snort" wrote:

    > I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that pops us to pick a
    > restore point won't let me go to previous months to select a date. Anyone
    > seen this before?

    Thanks for the feedback, and glad to hear you have it sorted out.

    Keeping System Restore Healthy
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/healthy.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    snort wrote:
    > Thanks, Jupiter and Bert. It looks like it was shutting
    > down because of lack of space on a secondary hard drive.
    > I cleared enough space and have discontinued monitoring
    > of that drive since I'm not running any applications from
    > it and system restore has resumed creating new restore
    > points.
    >
    > "snort" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to do a system restore and the calendar that
    >> pops us to pick a restore point won't let me go to
    >> previous months to select a date. Anyone seen this
    >> before?

Navigation Microsoft System Restore Windows XP