Where is the dirt 3 config file??

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Hi!

I've just purchased dirt 3 on Steam but when I try to launch the game, it tells me "Dirt 3 Executable stopped working". I have done my research and it turns out that you shall try to delete or edit the Dirt 3 config file... I was told that it was situated here: C:\Documents\\DiRT3... But I just can't find it. It is not there!
Can someone please tell me a way to find that god damn file?? :)

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
I had the same problem you mentioned. Even though it installs and runs from Steam you need to have games for windows live installed and operational alongside steam, it should work with both running.

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

Thanks for the reply!
do you mean that I'll have to run dirt 3 through windows live ??

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
You need to have noth steam & games for windows live running, even though steam launches dirt 3 and records a few acievements ect, it still needs windows live running aswell, not totally sure why, unless dirt 3 was moved onto steam after the initial launch and the files haven't been updated to stop using windows live.

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
to get to the config files, go to program files, steam, steamaps, common, dirt 3, system, hardware_settings_config (thats the file u want!). I think there are like 3 config files in there.

tobiashensch

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009

Thanks for the reply!
The file you are referring might be the right one but it's not a cfg file, it's a xml file. I have tried to deleted it without success and tried to change the <directx forcedx9="false" from false to true, but nothing seems to be working....

TRENDING THREADS