general protection fault (bsod)

i get the following application error when i play a game. sierraw
caused a general protection fault in module krnl386.exe at 0001:a023.
sierraw will close. the operating system i am using is windows xp the
game is police quest 4 open season an older game. the game works but
when i get to a certain point in the game the general protection fault
screen appears if anyone can help me i would appreciate it thank you.

--
joe82005

Hi

If you are seeing a BSOD, could you please the Stop Code?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User