general protection fault (bsod)

i get the following application error when i play a game. sierraw
caused a general protection fault in module krnl386.exe at 0001:a023.
sierraw will close. the operating system i am using is windows xp the
game is police quest 4 open season an older game. the game works but
when i get to a certain point in the game the general protection fault
screen appears if anyone can help me i would appreciate it thank you.

--
joe82005
1 answer Last reply

    Hi

    If you are seeing a BSOD, could you please the Stop Code?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "joe82005" <joe82005.1lr6dq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > i get the following application error when i play a game. sierraw
    > caused a general protection fault in module krnl386.exe at 0001:a023.
    > sierraw will close. the operating system i am using is windows xp the
    > game is police quest 4 open season an older game. the game works but
    > when i get to a certain point in the game the general protection fault
    > screen appears if anyone can help me i would appreciate it thank you.
    >

    > --
    > joe82005

Blue Screen Games Microsoft Windows XP