What games can this computer play?

Hello everyone, just wondering what games this older rig could play. It's my main computer. Recently upgraded ram from 2gb to 4gb. Please don't tell me to "get a new rig".

Windows 7 32-bit
Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.2ghz HT
4 gb ram (will probably turn into 3.5 gb usable or so)
160 gb HDD
Nvidia Geforce 8400 gs (PCI version)

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about what games computer play
  1. computerguy22 said:
    Hello everyone, just wondering what games this older rig could play. It's my main computer. Recently upgraded ram from 2gb to 4gb. Please don't tell me to "get a new rig".

Windows 7 32-bit
    Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.2ghz HT
    4 gb ram (will probably turn into 3.5 gb usable or so)
    160 gb HDD
    Nvidia Geforce 8400 gs (PCI version)

Thanks.

Hi!
    You can try this website out :)
  2. I would say older DirectX 9 games maybe 4+ years old and more. You can probably find some good deals on Steam for older games. I saw they had Max Payne and Max Payne 2 for $2.49 each. They are older games and would do just fine. Read the game specs and go by the recommended machine specs, not minimum.

There are a lot of people out there that game on older rigs and play the older games. They aren't the latest and greatest, but as long as they are new to you they can be fun. It's cheaper gaming to. Kind of like keeping an old PS2 around.
  3. Yeah. Old games. Especially if you only have a PCI graphics card. That's even older than the AGP slot.
  4. Do you think, counter strike source, call of duty 4, and league of legends would be possible? Tobia, can't use that site yet, as I've not installed all the aforementioned parts yet.
  5. source games should play, but even CoD 4 might be a bit of a stretch. my bro in law has a 7800 and an old dual core and it can barely run CoD4 without being on lower settings
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming RAM Games Computers Video Games