IDE-CD R/RW conflict

March 12, 2005 3:19:02 AM

My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are rejected).
When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get error
message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make sure
you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What does it
have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?

I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e. well
before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error message
still comes up when I try to delete them.

HELP!

More about : ide conflict

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:44:22 AM

Unfortunately, CD burners do not last forever.. you could try cleaning the
laser using a proprietary cleaner disc..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"HK-sheri" <HK-sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are
> rejected).
> When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get error
> message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make
> sure
> you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What does
> it
> have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?
>
> I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e.
> well
> before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error
> message
> still comes up when I try to delete them.
>
> HELP!
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:19:02 PM

Thanks for your reply. I tried using an external CD writer got the same error
message. So it isn't the built in CD-writer - it's the CD writing wizard
(i.e. something in Windows XP?).

Do you have any idea what the "CAFMORR1" file is? Where would I find this?
The error message states that it can't delete the temporary files waiting to
be burned because it "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified
file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." If I can locate
(and delete) this file, it should solve the problem.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Unfortunately, CD burners do not last forever.. you could try cleaning the
> laser using a proprietary cleaner disc..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "HK-sheri" <HK-sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are
> > rejected).
> > When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get error
> > message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make
> > sure
> > you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What does
> > it
> > have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?
> >
> > I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e.
> > well
> > before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error
> > message
> > still comes up when I try to delete them.
> >
> > HELP!

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 2:31:12 AM

Sheri

For once, a Google search produced nothing.. CAFMORR1 is not recognised..

What I would suggest is that you use Ahead Nero to burn CDs.. it was good
that XP had a built in faculty to do this but it is very basic (by design)
and can't replace a proper application..

Did you not receive a CD with burning software when you bought your CD
burner?

--

!