IDE-CD R/RW conflict

My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are rejected).
When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get error
message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make sure
you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What does it
have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?

I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e. well
before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error message
still comes up when I try to delete them.

HELP!
3 answers Last reply
More about conflict

    Unfortunately, CD burners do not last forever.. you could try cleaning the
    laser using a proprietary cleaner disc..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "HK-sheri" <HK-sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are
    > rejected).
    > When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get error
    > message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make
    > sure
    > you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What does
    > it
    > have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?
    >
    > I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e.
    > well
    > before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error
    > message
    > still comes up when I try to delete them.
    >
    > HELP!

    Thanks for your reply. I tried using an external CD writer got the same error
    message. So it isn't the built in CD-writer - it's the CD writing wizard
    (i.e. something in Windows XP?).

    Do you have any idea what the "CAFMORR1" file is? Where would I find this?
    The error message states that it can't delete the temporary files waiting to
    be burned because it "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified
    file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." If I can locate
    (and delete) this file, it should solve the problem.

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Unfortunately, CD burners do not last forever.. you could try cleaning the
    > laser using a proprietary cleaner disc..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "HK-sheri" <HK-sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are
    > > rejected).
    > > When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get error
    > > message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make
    > > sure
    > > you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What does
    > > it
    > > have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?
    > >
    > > I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e.
    > > well
    > > before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error
    > > message
    > > still comes up when I try to delete them.
    > >
    > > HELP!

    Sheri

    For once, a Google search produced nothing.. CAFMORR1 is not recognised..

    What I would suggest is that you use Ahead Nero to burn CDs.. it was good
    that XP had a built in faculty to do this but it is very basic (by design)
    and can't replace a proper application..

    Did you not receive a CD with burning software when you bought your CD
    burner?

    --

    > Thanks for your reply. I tried using an external CD writer got the same
    > error
    > message. So it isn't the built in CD-writer - it's the CD writing wizard
    > (i.e. something in Windows XP?).
    >
    > Do you have any idea what the "CAFMORR1" file is? Where would I find this?
    > The error message states that it can't delete the temporary files waiting
    > be burned because it "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified
    > file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." If I can
    > locate
    > (and delete) this file, it should solve the problem.
    >
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Unfortunately, CD burners do not last forever.. you could try cleaning
    >> the
    >> laser using a proprietary cleaner disc..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "HK-sheri" <HK-sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My trusty built-in CD burner suddenly won't burn any CD's (all are
    >> > rejected).
    >> > When I try to delete the files waiting to be written to CD, I get
    >> > error
    >> > message: "Cannot delete CAFMORR1: cannot find the specified file. Make
    >> > sure
    >> > you specify the correct path and file name." What is this file? What
    >> > does
    >> > it
    >> > have to do with the photos I am trying to burn onto CD's?
    >> >
    >> > I have tried system restore to go back to several previous points (i.e.
    >> > well
    >> > before this problem arose) and those files still appear and the error
    >> > message
    >> > still comes up when I try to delete them.
    >> >
    >> > HELP!

Burner CD-Rom Windows XP