Strange black screen at start-up today

This morning when I turned on my PC I got a screen I've never seen before,
similar to the Safe Mode Screen saying "Windows cannot initialize do you
wish to continue in Safe Mode?" I did, did all virus/spyware checks, of
which I have many, nothing found. I haven't fiddled with the registry and
haven't been downloading anything risqué, and I have all kinds of protection
anyway plus a good firewall.
After a system restore all is normal.
Anyone else ever got this?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

    You or someone else may not have shutdown the computer properly the night
    before.

    "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem
    > This morning when I turned on my PC I got a screen I've never seen before,
    > similar to the Safe Mode Screen saying "Windows cannot initialize do you
    > wish to continue in Safe Mode?" I did, did all virus/spyware checks, of
    > which I have many, nothing found. I haven't fiddled with the registry
    > and haven't been downloading anything risqué, and I have all kinds of
    > protection anyway plus a good firewall.
    > After a system restore all is normal.
    > Anyone else ever got this?
    >
    > --