Strange black screen at start-up today

peter

This morning when I turned on my PC I got a screen I've never seen before,
similar to the Safe Mode Screen saying "Windows cannot initialize do you
wish to continue in Safe Mode?" I did, did all virus/spyware checks, of
which I have many, nothing found. I haven't fiddled with the registry and
haven't been downloading anything risqué, and I have all kinds of protection
anyway plus a good firewall.
After a system restore all is normal.
Anyone else ever got this?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

You or someone else may not have shutdown the computer properly the night
before.