EQ2: Severed Maple

Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I can find
is level 10 Craftsman.
7 answers Last reply
More about severed maple

    "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message
    > Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
    > I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I can find
    > is level 10 Craftsman.

    You could sell it. I sold a load of severed maple a few nights ago. If I
    remember I sold it for 40c a piece. It's not much but then again I wasnt
    using it so why keep it or destroy it.

    I dont think you can learn any recipes above lvl 10 other than your
    profession.

    "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message

    > "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
    >> I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I can
    >> find is level 10 Craftsman.
    >
    > You could sell it. I sold a load of severed maple a few nights ago. If I
    > remember I sold it for 40c a piece. It's not much but then again I wasnt
    > using it so why keep it or destroy it.
    >

    > I dont think you can learn any recipes above lvl 10 other than your
    > profession.

    So.. The only thing I can do with severed Maple is sell it or destroy it?
    and the only thing that Foresting does is give me severed Maple?

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:57:11 -0700, "Robin Russell"
    <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote:

    >So.. The only thing I can do with severed Maple is sell it or destroy it?
    >and the only thing that Foresting does is give me severed Maple?

    Pretty much. Once you go up from Artisans, you're not going to need
    certain gathering skills for stuff you can make. You really don't have
    any use for fishing, either. Nor does an outfitter have any use for
    foresting or fishing.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    > "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message
    >>> Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
    >>> I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I can
    >>> find is level 10 Craftsman.
    >>
    >> You could sell it. I sold a load of severed maple a few nights ago. If I
    >> remember I sold it for 40c a piece. It's not much but then again I wasnt
    >> using it so why keep it or destroy it.
    >>

    >> I dont think you can learn any recipes above lvl 10 other than your
    >> profession.
    >
    > So.. The only thing I can do with severed Maple is sell it or destroy it?
    > and the only thing that Foresting does is give me severed Maple?

    Try to find a craftsman that will take your maple and stroma and make you
    maple quills and Cailun paper for you to make the scrolls.

    Bcarshaman 15shaman / 14 Scholar
    Steamfont

    "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message

    > "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message
    > >> Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
    > >> I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I can
    > >> find is level 10 Craftsman.
    > >
    > > You could sell it. I sold a load of severed maple a few nights ago. If I
    > > remember I sold it for 40c a piece. It's not much but then again I wasnt
    > > using it so why keep it or destroy it.
    > >

    > > I dont think you can learn any recipes above lvl 10 other than your
    > > profession.
    >
    > So.. The only thing I can do with severed Maple is sell it or destroy it?
    > and the only thing that Foresting does is give me severed Maple?

    Actually no, you can also forest rare material which can be worth much more
    to sell or use, here's a little tip, create another character and make them
    for storing and crafting with the materials you find and cannot use on your
    scholar, at least store as much as possible and then when you feel like
    trying something different another day you got the stuff to play with, make
    sure you supply your alt with a good assortment of storage like larger
    boxes, bags are ok but cost more per container slot wise, just making a
    bunch of boxes with your alt will pay for itself, and making the maple
    quills and such your scholar will probably be needing to complete many
    instance guild quests.

    "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message
    > Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
    > I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I can
    find
    > is level 10 Craftsman.

    You also get tasks from your wholesaler - collecting severed maple is one of
    them.
    When you do the turn in, you receive 12s.

    Not sure if the people are buying from PC's are using them for recipes or
    making a quick buck.

    "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in

    > "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Robin Russell" <rob2rus@cableone.net> wrote in message
    >>> Is it possible for a Scholar to get or learn Craftsman recipes?
    >>> I need to get rid of a LOT of severed maple and the only recipe I
    >>> can find is level 10 Craftsman.
    >>
    >> You could sell it. I sold a load of severed maple a few nights ago.
    >> If I remember I sold it for 40c a piece. It's not much but then again
    >> I wasnt using it so why keep it or destroy it.
    >>

    >> I dont think you can learn any recipes above lvl 10 other than your
    >> profession.
    >
    > So.. The only thing I can do with severed Maple is sell it or destroy
    > it? and the only thing that Foresting does is give me severed Maple?

    Unless it's been fixed, you can get someone to buy you the level 10 book
    so you can learn the level 10 recipes from any other class. You cannot
    learn higher than level 10 however.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont