Computer will not boot: beep error indicates parity circui..

March 12, 2005 11:07:04 AM

Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory. Does
anyone have any ideas?
--
V M Smith :o }
Anonymous

if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the way
it was.

"V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory. Does
> anyone have any ideas?
> --
> V M Smith :o }
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 2:58:48 PM

I did that, and now that is when I can't boot up. I keep getting the beeps
on start up, no display on the monitor >It is a long beep and then two short.
I have checked all connections, checked to make sure the memory is seated
properly, but I do not know what my next step might be. I am thinking it is
something with the memory, but I am not sure. Without the monitor, I am in
the dark. (really) Thanks for the help. VMS :o }

"hustedj" wrote:

> if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the way
> it was.
>
> "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory. Does
> > anyone have any ideas?
> > --
> > V M Smith :o }

Related resources
March 12, 2005 11:10:33 PM

We cannot deterine what the beeps mean unless you tell us the BIOS
manufacturer, model etc. The number of beeps is tied to the BIOS.

>I did that, and now that is when I can't boot up. I keep getting the beeps
> on start up, no display on the monitor >It is a long beep and then two
> short.
> I have checked all connections, checked to make sure the memory is seated
> properly, but I do not know what my next step might be. I am thinking it
> is
> something with the memory, but I am not sure. Without the monitor, I am
> in
> the dark. (really) Thanks for the help. VMS :o }
>
> "hustedj" wrote:
>
>> if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the
>> way
>> it was.
>>
>> "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory.
>> > Does
>> > anyone have any ideas?
>> > --
>> > V M Smith :o }

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:07:03 AM

It is a Western digital 5400-RPM 13 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard disk drive does
that help? Again thank you for any help. VMS :o }

!