Computer will not boot: beep error indicates parity circui..

Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory. Does
anyone have any ideas?
--
V M Smith :o}
4 answers Last reply

    if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the way
    it was.

    "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory. Does
    > anyone have any ideas?
    > --
    > V M Smith :o}

    I did that, and now that is when I can't boot up. I keep getting the beeps
    on start up, no display on the monitor >It is a long beep and then two short.
    I have checked all connections, checked to make sure the memory is seated
    properly, but I do not know what my next step might be. I am thinking it is
    something with the memory, but I am not sure. Without the monitor, I am in
    the dark. (really) Thanks for the help. VMS :o}

    "hustedj" wrote:

    > if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the way
    > it was.
    >
    > "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory. Does
    > > anyone have any ideas?
    > > --
    > > V M Smith :o}

    We cannot deterine what the beeps mean unless you tell us the BIOS
    manufacturer, model etc. The number of beeps is tied to the BIOS.

    >I did that, and now that is when I can't boot up. I keep getting the beeps
    > on start up, no display on the monitor >It is a long beep and then two
    > short.
    > I have checked all connections, checked to make sure the memory is seated
    > properly, but I do not know what my next step might be. I am thinking it
    > is
    > something with the memory, but I am not sure. Without the monitor, I am
    > in
    > the dark. (really) Thanks for the help. VMS :o}
    >
    > "hustedj" wrote:
    >
    >> if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the
    >> way
    >> it was.
    >>
    >> "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Not too sure what I did. I may have tried to add wrong type memory.
    >> > Does
    >> > anyone have any ideas?
    >> > --
    >> > V M Smith :o}

    It is a Western digital 5400-RPM 13 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard disk drive does
    that help? Again thank you for any help. VMS :o}

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > We cannot deterine what the beeps mean unless you tell us the BIOS
    > manufacturer, model etc. The number of beeps is tied to the BIOS.
    >
    > "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I did that, and now that is when I can't boot up. I keep getting the beeps
    > > on start up, no display on the monitor >It is a long beep and then two
    > > short.
    > > I have checked all connections, checked to make sure the memory is seated
    > > properly, but I do not know what my next step might be. I am thinking it
    > > is
    > > something with the memory, but I am not sure. Without the monitor, I am
    > > in
    > > the dark. (really) Thanks for the help. VMS :o}
    > >
    > > "hustedj" wrote:
    > >
    > >> if you added some wrong memory take it out. put everything back to the
    > >> way
    > >> it was.
    > >>
    > >> "V M Smith" <VMSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Computers Boot Microsoft Windows XP