Processor out take cooling fan

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hi there

i was wondering which was does the fan on the edge of my case have to blow
the air? does it have to blow the air out from within the case to stop the
inside getting to warm? or does it have to blow onto the processor to cool it
down?

thank you for your help

Tom

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

> i was wondering which was does the fan on the edge of my case have to blow
> the air? does it have to blow the air out from within the case to stop the
> inside getting to warm? or does it have to blow onto the processor to cool it
> down?

In general, the fan in front near the bottom blows in, and the fan in the back
near the top blows out. If there is a fan over a heat sink on the CPU, just
plug it in so it works as designed. It should work either way, but may be
better in one direction, depending on the airflow within the case.