windows doesnt start after rebooting

after i installed a new game on my computer, i wanted to play online but than
my antivirus poped up and asked if i wanted to keep blocking this product but
when that poped up my computer froze and i had to restart it. after it
resarted it said start windows in safe mode or start windows noramlly, but
non of those work when i click on them they just resatrt my comp again and it
says the same things.
please help!
--
hi
1 answer Last reply

    Hello ,
    To get to safe mode >restart your computer> click on F8 every second or
    so and the machine will boot to safe mode. Run your anti-virus at least three
    times and run a good anti spy-ware program such as Spysweeper, etc. three
    times as well. Your anti-virus did not like that game. What was it? Was it a
    brand new CD ? If not , you need to go to system restore and set the machine
    back to a point before you installed the game. I have not used XP Home in a
    very long time so at this time I can only tell you how to get there via XP
    Pro without a command prompt> click start> click Control Panel> click
    Performance and Maintance> In XP Pro System Restore is in small letters on
    the upper left hand side of the window where it says , Also See > click
    System Restore > Click Restore my computer> find a restore before you
    installed the game. If you are sure the game is safe turn off the anti virus
    while playing but I would not advise doing this playing Online. Best of luck
    to you,
    Ron J

    "Sanchez" wrote:

    > after i installed a new game on my computer, i wanted to play online but than
    > my antivirus poped up and asked if i wanted to keep blocking this product but
    > when that poped up my computer froze and i had to restart it. after it
    > resarted it said start windows in safe mode or start windows noramlly, but
    > non of thotose work when i click on them they just resatrt my comp again and it
    > says the same things
    > please help!
    > --
    > hi