Best Bluetooth Earpiece?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 2, 2005 2:36:56 PM

For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
best?

More about : bluetooth earpiece

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 2:36:57 PM

In article <b3cgt0lauoc5e4qgnv9rc7m8kkfc31q68p@4ax.com>,
Percival <Percival@home.com> wrote:

> For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
> best?

The only one I've tried is the HS820. I works very well with my hearing
aid, and I'm happy with it.

January 2, 2005 2:40:48 PM

Percival wrote:
> For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
> best?

I use the Jabra BT-200 for NON bluetooth phones. The earpeice is bluetooth
and works fine with Bluetooth devices, but the base plugs into the headset
jack for non bluetooth devices.. Best of both worlds that way. Check it out
at www.jabra.com
January 2, 2005 10:27:51 PM

I've tried the Bodyglove BlueVoice and the Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
Functionally the Bodyglove I tries was slow to answer (I missed calls
because of this), made a lot of static unless I was perfectly still, and had
low volume. The HBH-660 answers immediately, is louder and only produces
static outside in windy conditions. I did though install a clear Jabra ear
gel on the 660.

"Percival" <Percival@home.com> wrote in message
> For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
> best?

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 9:31:03 PM

On 2 Jan 2005 11:36:56 -0600, Percival <Percival@home.com> wrote:

>For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
>best?

I use the Motorola HS-810. Usually selling for $99 at BestBuy but can
be found for less when on sale.It has great battery life, can bond
with more than one mobile, excellent sound both ways. I'd highly
recommend it.

I have seen the other Moto HS-820 earpiece, but only in
advertisements. I think that is newer than the 810. It didn't look
like it had that foldout boom-mic piece though--again--just lookin at
the ads.

Zeng
February 3, 2005 7:31:47 PM

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Percival wrote:
> > For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
> > best?
>
> I use the Jabra BT-200 for NON bluetooth phones. The earpeice is bluetooth
> and works fine with Bluetooth devices, but the base plugs into the headset
> jack for non bluetooth devices.. Best of both worlds that way. Check it
out
> at www.jabra.com

Are there 2 different models or versions of the BT-200? I find no mention
that it works with non bluetooth phones. This is exactly what I need but
want to make sure I get the right one.
February 3, 2005 7:31:48 PM

Rod wrote:
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Percival wrote:
>>> For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
>>> best?
>>
>> I use the Jabra BT-200 for NON bluetooth phones. The earpeice is
>> bluetooth and works fine with Bluetooth devices, but the base plugs
>> into the headset jack for non bluetooth devices.. Best of both
>> worlds that way. Check it out at www.jabra.com
>

> Are there 2 different models or versions of the BT-200? I find no
> mention that it works with non bluetooth phones. This is exactly what
> I need but want to make sure I get the right one.

Get the Jabra A210 adapter for use with any Jabra earpiece on a non-bluetoth
phone
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 7:31:48 PM

Rod wrote:
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Percival wrote:
>>> For those of you that have gone bluetooth, what earpiece do you like
>>> best?
>>
>> I use the Jabra BT-200 for NON bluetooth phones. The earpeice is
>> bluetooth and works fine with Bluetooth devices, but the base plugs
>> into the headset jack for non bluetooth devices.. Best of both
>> worlds that way. Check it out at www.jabra.com
>

> Are there 2 different models or versions of the BT-200? I find no
> mention that it works with non bluetooth phones. This is exactly what
> I need but want to make sure I get the right one.

They used to make two versions (one for bluetooth phone and one for non
bluetooth phones), now they just have one model that works for both
bluetooth AND non bluetooth. (the charger/base comes in two models)

A question for you.. The BT-200 has a rechargeable battery that gives about
90 minutes of talk time. They make a new model (BT-250), and a vibrating
model (BT250v), both are a bit bigger/heavier and uses a small rechargeable
battery to give up to 8 hours of talk time.

Which one you get, depends on how long you talk.. From experience, while the
BT-200 only gives about 90 minutes of talk time, it's real handy for getting
tid of my grandma that talks and talks and talks (gotta go granny.. the
batteries dying!)

They also make a bluetooth speakerphone if you don't like headsets or need
more than one person to hear/talk.

In the car a lot? They make a carcharger for the headsets.

Specifically, check out their range of products at:
http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMenu/Products/

for any of them, on the right hand side toward the bottom, click on the
Jabra BT200/250/etc Brochure. You will get full details and pictures.
February 3, 2005 7:31:48 PM

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:31:47 GMT, "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com>
wrote:

>Are there 2 different models or versions of the BT-200? I find no mention
>that it works with non bluetooth phones. This is exactly what I need but
>want to make sure I get the right one.

There are two different models of the BT200. One model has an adapter
that plugs into your phone using the regular hands-free adapter port
and the other is for phones with Bluttooth built in requiring that you
pair the headset with the phone.