error? messge

ati2dvaa display driver not functioning properly - close down and reboot to
restore functionality and error message will be sent to MS.
This is on screen after I return to computer after hour or so.
I've given up obeying it and just close it. Everything still seems to work
O.K.
Should I do anything?
--
Mary

Mary

Please post exact copy of error report in Event Viewer.

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
ID, Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
sure this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MaryG" <MaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ati2dvaa display driver not functioning properly - close down and
> reboot to
> restore functionality and error message will be sent to MS.
> This is on screen after I return to computer after hour or so.
> I've given up obeying it and just close it. Everything still seems to
> work
> O.K.
> Should I do anything?
> --
> Mary

Gerry

Thanks very much for your detailed help. Much appreciated. I'll have a go
a.s.a.p.

Mary.

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> Mary
>
> Please post exact copy of error report in Event Viewer.
>
> Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
> discrepancies can
> make it harder to search for information about the error message.
>
> You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
> Event Viewer.
> When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
> ID, Source
> and Description are important.
>
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp
>
> A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
> click on the
> error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
> resembling two
> pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
> message
> (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
> info from the
> Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
> sure this is
> the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> "MaryG" <MaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ati2dvaa display driver not functioning properly - close down and
> > reboot to
> > restore functionality and error message will be sent to MS.
> > This is on screen after I return to computer after hour or so.
> > I've given up obeying it and just close it. Everything still seems to
> > work
> > O.K.
> > Should I do anything?
> > --
> > Mary

Gerry - herewith, I Think!, what you told me to post.

Thanks,

Mary.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 15/03/2005
Time: 09:02:38
User: N/A
Computer: ACUMEN
Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and
reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you
reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload
data about this failure to Microsoft.

"MaryG" wrote:

> ati2dvaa display driver not functioning properly - close down and reboot to
> restore functionality and error message will be sent to MS.
> This is on screen after I return to computer after hour or so.
> I've given up obeying it and just close it. Everything still seems to work
> O.K.
> Should I do anything?
> --
> Mary

Mary

What is your Video Card?

It may be you need to update the driver.

How To Troubleshoot the Video Adapter Driver in Safe Mode in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292460

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Gerry - herewith, I Think!, what you told me to post.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mary.
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Popup
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 26
> Date: 15/03/2005
> Time: 09:02:38
> User: N/A
> Computer: ACUMEN
> Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
> ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work
> and
> reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time
> you
> reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to
> upload
> data about this failure to Microsoft.

> "MaryG" wrote:
>
>> ati2dvaa display driver not functioning properly - close down and
>> reboot to
>> restore functionality and error message will be sent to MS.
>> This is on screen after I return to computer after hour or so.
>> I've given up obeying it and just close it. Everything still seems to
>> work
>> O.K.
>> Should I do anything?
>> --
>> Mary

Mary

I forgot in my earlier message to ask you to search in Windows Explorer
for ati2dvaa.dll. Right click on the file and select Properties. What is
the version number of the file in the system32 folder and in the
system32\dllcache.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
> Mary
>
> What is your Video Card?
>
> It may be you need to update the driver.
>
> How To Troubleshoot the Video Adapter Driver in Safe Mode in Windows
> XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292460
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> "MaryG" <MaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Gerry - herewith, I Think!, what you told me to post.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mary.
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: Application Popup
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 26
>> Date: 15/03/2005
>> Time: 09:02:38
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: ACUMEN
>> Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
>> ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work
>> and
>> reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next
>> time you
>> reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to
>> upload
>> data about this failure to Microsoft.

>> "MaryG" wrote:
>>
>>> ati2dvaa display driver not functioning properly - close down and
>>> reboot to
>>> restore functionality and error message will be sent to MS.
>>> This is on screen after I return to computer after hour or so.
>>> I've given up obeying it and just close it. Everything still seems
>>> to work
>>> O.K.
>>> Should I do anything?
>>> --
>>> Mary

Thanks, Gerry.

Date: 15/03/2005
Time: 09:02:38
User: N/A
Computer: ACUMEN
Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and
reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you
reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload
data about this failure to Microsoft.

Video Card: Rage Fury Pro.
re ati2dvaa - File Version no: 6.13.3279.0

I went to the link suggested and it appears to be the right version - I think.

Thanks again.

Mary.

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> Mary
>
> I forgot in my earlier message to ask you to search in Windows Explorer
> for ati2dvaa.dll. Right click on the file and select Properties. What is
> the version number of the file in the system32 folder and in the
> system32\dllcache.
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
> > Mary
> >
> > What is your Video Card?
> >
> > It may be you need to update the driver.
> >
> > How To Troubleshoot the Video Adapter Driver in Safe Mode in Windows
> > XP
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292460
> >
> > --
> >

> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Gerry
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > FCA
> >
> > Using invalid email address
> >
> > Stourport, Worcs, England
> > Enquire, plan and execute.
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Please tell the newsgroup how any
> > suggested solution worked for you.
> >
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > "MaryG" <MaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Gerry - herewith, I Think!, what you told me to post.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Mary.
> >>
> >> Event Type: Information
> >> Event Source: Application Popup
> >> Event Category: None
> >> Event ID: 26
> >> Date: 15/03/2005
> >> Time: 09:02:38
> >> User: N/A
> >> Computer: ACUMEN
> >> Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
> >> ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work
> >> and
> >> reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next
> >> time you
> >> reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to
> >> upload
> >> data about this failure to Microsoft.
> >>
> >> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Mary

The version you gave matches the information I found on the ATI web
site.

What version of DirectX do you have installed?

To ascertain this information select Start, Run, type dxdiag and hit OK.
When you are prompted for a Yes / No answer select No.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Thanks, Gerry.
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Popup
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 26
> Date: 15/03/2005
> Time: 09:02:38
> User: N/A
> Computer: ACUMEN
> Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
> ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work
> and
> reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time
> you
> reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to
> upload
> data about this failure to Microsoft.

> Video Card: Rage Fury Pro.
> re ati2dvaa - File Version no: 6.13.3279.0
>
> I went to the link suggested and it appears to be the right version -
> I think.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Mary.
>
> "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
>
>> Mary
>>
>> I forgot in my earlier message to ask you to search in Windows
>> Explorer
>> for ati2dvaa.dll. Right click on the file and select Properties. What
>> is
>> the version number of the file in the system32 folder and in the
>> system32\dllcache.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> FCA
>>
>> Using invalid email address
>>
>> Stourport, Worcs, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Please tell the newsgroup how any
>> suggested solution worked for you.
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary
>> >
>> > What is your Video Card?
>> >
>> > It may be you need to update the driver.
>> >
>> > How To Troubleshoot the Video Adapter Driver in Safe Mode in
>> > Windows
>> > XP
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292460
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> > Hope this helps.
>> >
>> > Gerry
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> > FCA
>> >
>> > Using invalid email address
>> >
>> > Stourport, Worcs, England
>> > Enquire, plan and execute.
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> > Please tell the newsgroup how any
>> > suggested solution worked for you.
>> >
>> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> >
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> >
>> > "MaryG" <MaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gerry,

DirectX v.9.0c

Thanks,

Mary.

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> Mary
>
> The version you gave matches the information I found on the ATI web
> site.
>
> What version of DirectX do you have installed?
>
> To ascertain this information select Start, Run, type dxdiag and hit OK.
> When you are prompted for a Yes / No answer select No.
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "MaryG" <MaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Gerry.
> >
> > Event Type: Information
> > Event Source: Application Popup
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 26
> > Date: 15/03/2005
> > Time: 09:02:38
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: ACUMEN
> > Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The
> > ati2dvaa display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work
> > and
> > reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time
> > you
> > reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to
> > upload
> > data about this failure to Microsoft.

> > Video Card: Rage Fury Pro.
> > re ati2dvaa - File Version no: 6.13.3279.0
> >
> > I went to the link suggested and it appears to be the right version -
> > I think.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Mary.
> >
> > "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
> >
> >> Mary
> >>
> >> I forgot in my earlier message to ask you to search in Windows
> >> Explorer
> >> for ati2dvaa.dll. Right click on the file and select Properties. What
> >> is
> >> the version number of the file in the system32 folder and in the
> >> system32\dllcache.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Gerry
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> FCA
> >>
> >> Using invalid email address
> >>
> >> Stourport, Worcs, England
> >> Enquire, plan and execute.
> >> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> >> suggested solution worked for you.
> >>
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> >> "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message

Thanks very much, Gerry. All well now, msg no longer appears.