Cover Cracks on Presario 1200 Computer

I have a Compaq 1200 laptop computer with Windows ME and the computer
works fine, but there is cracks which formed on the outside cover near
the hinges. This formed after a year of ownership and the computer was
handled carefully.

There is another compaq laptop at work which is newer, and handled
carefully as well which has the same problem. Not only does it have
cracks near the hinges like mine, but also has a crack on the side of
the cover. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem with
their computers. Right now, I am thinking of using super glue to fix the
problem and to keep the cracks from getting worse. Any comments on using
Super Glue to fix this problem?

Sidney E. Mathious

I have two, non-Compaq Machines with the same issues as well as having
seen a number of others with the same problem. So far I have yet to hear of
any really good solutions other than replacing the cover. I have seen a lot
of homemade fixes, from tape to epoxy to contact cemented aluminum
laminates. Could anyone with a less than $50.00 solution add a comment
here?

KC

"Sidney E. Mathious" <mathious@seark.net> wrote in message
> I have a Compaq 1200 laptop computer with Windows ME and the computer
> works fine, but there is cracks which formed on the outside cover near
> the hinges. This formed after a year of ownership and the computer was
> handled carefully.
>
> There is another compaq laptop at work which is newer, and handled
> carefully as well which has the same problem. Not only does it have
> cracks near the hinges like mine, but also has a crack on the side of
> the cover. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem with
> their computers. Right now, I am thinking of using super glue to fix the
> problem and to keep the cracks from getting worse. Any comments on using
> Super Glue to fix this problem?
>
> Sidney E. Mathious

It's a little easier to know that others out there are having the same
problem. I think that making the covers thicker would help to solve this
problem. That goes back to the manufacturers who are trying to cut
costs. I have a new Dell laptop and I hope that it don't do the same thing.

Sidney E. Mathious

Kevin Childers wrote:

> I have two, non-Compaq Machines with the same issues as well as having
>seen a number of others with the same problem. So far I have yet to hear of
>any really good solutions other than replacing the cover. I have seen a lot
>of homemade fixes, from tape to epoxy to contact cemented aluminum
>laminates. Could anyone with a less than $50.00 solution add a comment
>here?
>
>KC
>
>"Sidney E. Mathious" <mathious@seark.net> wrote in message
>

>>I have a Compaq 1200 laptop computer with Windows ME and the computer
>>works fine, but there is cracks which formed on the outside cover near
>>the hinges. This formed after a year of ownership and the computer was
>>handled carefully.
>>
>>There is another compaq laptop at work which is newer, and handled
>>carefully as well which has the same problem. Not only does it have
>>cracks near the hinges like mine, but also has a crack on the side of
>>the cover. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem with
>>their computers. Right now, I am thinking of using super glue to fix the
>>problem and to keep the cracks from getting worse. Any comments on using
>>Super Glue to fix this problem?
>>
>>Sidney E. Mathious

hh

Either that or use magnesium alloy for the display cover as some notebooks
do.
HH

> It's a little easier to know that others out there are having the same
> problem. I think that making the covers thicker would help to solve this
> problem. That goes back to the manufacturers who are trying to cut
> costs. I have a new Dell laptop and I hope that it don't do the same
thing.

> Sidney E. Mathious
>
> Kevin Childers wrote:
>
> > I have two, non-Compaq Machines with the same issues as well as
having
> >seen a number of others with the same problem. So far I have yet to hear
of
> >any really good solutions other than replacing the cover. I have seen a
lot
> >of homemade fixes, from tape to epoxy to contact cemented aluminum
> >laminates. Could anyone with a less than $50.00 solution add a comment
> >here?
> >
> >KC
> >
> >"Sidney E. Mathious" <mathious@seark.net> wrote in message
> >

> >>I have a Compaq 1200 laptop computer with Windows ME and the computer
> >>works fine, but there is cracks which formed on the outside cover near
> >>the hinges. This formed after a year of ownership and the computer was
> >>handled carefully.
> >>
> >>There is another compaq laptop at work which is newer, and handled
> >>carefully as well which has the same problem. Not only does it have
> >>cracks near the hinges like mine, but also has a crack on the side of
> >>the cover. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem with
> >>their computers. Right now, I am thinking of using super glue to fix the
> >>problem and to keep the cracks from getting worse. Any comments on using
> >>Super Glue to fix this problem?
> >>
> >>Sidney E. Mathious

TRENDING THREADS