Looking to upgrade P4 Power Supply

ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
Considering a Kingwin 450W PS to replace my stock 350W supply. Cost ~$100 US. Anyone have experience with this brand?

Any other suggestions?

2.4GHz P4C @ 2.88GHz
ATI AIW 9800Pro CAT 3.9 Drivers
ASUS P4C800-Delux
Kingston Value Memory 240MHz FSB
Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM
Sony 4X DVD RW
Liteon CD RW
X-Dreamer Case stock 350W PS (No brand name)
4 80mm fans (2 side intake, 1 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust)
Will be adding 2 120GB 7200RPM SATA Drives

ZZSpaceman

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OMG! D00D, to begin with, that's a lot of money! If you want a nice 400W power supply, get a Fortron 350W unit for $42 (Fortron Source and Sparkle Power are underrated). If you want a nice 450W power supply, get a Fortron Source 400W for around $68. If you want a nice 600W power supply, get a Fortron Source 530W unit for around $76.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
Thanks, saw some of your threads and I was looking for the Fortron. Unfortunately I'm not home much and mail order is a bad option. Haven't seen it at Frys or COMP USA, only two convient stops.

They have Antec but even more expensive, and I have seen little positive press on Antec in this Forum.

ZZSpaceman

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Lots of people swear by Antec, but I've had a bad experience. I'm in the OEM PC business, and their "budget" grade power supplies simply don't cut it. Many others praise the quality of their True Power series, which I've never owned.

Sparkle Power uses Fortron, Aopen usually does too. The way you know is that the model number starts with FSP, such as the FSP350-60PN or whatever. Fortron is FSP.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>