defrag and scan disk

hi,
i tried to defrag my computer cuple of times but after like 10- 12 mins when
its 20 percent done it restarts and after i log in it says the somputer has
recovered from a serouis error and i went to lok what the error was it was a
intel storage error. some please help me what this is about? and when i try
scan disk it hangs on 48 precent and have to restart my comp. thanks very
much. any comments is helpful thank you

If you have intel hardware on the board,go to intels web site,downloads,
chipset,1st install the chip set installation utility,if you have thier
graphics,
download for youre board,then under chip set,download application
accelerator,
read the notes for each.To defrag,you need to run disk clean up utility
first,
then defrag,for scan disk,go to run,type:cmd in cmd type:CHKDSK C: /F
Agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer.