UNABLE TO ENABLE SYSTEM RESTORE AFTER RUNNING SPYBOT

March 15, 2005 6:13:02 AM

my OS is xp(sp2). I am unable to enable 'SYSTEM RESTORE' after running
'SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY'. While trying to enable the system shows the
error and I am desperately need help of an expert to resolve the same.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:05:13 AM

"Saket" <Saket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>my OS is xp(sp2). I am unable to enable 'SYSTEM RESTORE' after running
>'SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY'. While trying to enable the system shows the
>error and I am desperately need help of an expert to resolve the same.

See "Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302796).
If this does not help, repair your Windows installation: "How to
Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Hi Saket,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
the page below.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

Regards,