Running a file selection script (bks file) from a desktop ..

I want to be able to double click on a shortcut on the desktop and have
ntbackup start with my choosen file selections already selected. For example,
the program starts and loads my "mybackup.bks". Does anyone know how to do
this? I've tried creating a shortcut to ntbackup.exe and then adding command
line options to the command line but I have not been able to get this to work.

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about running file selection script file desktop

    Go into Help and Support (the one the start menu) and do a search for
    ntbackup. You'll find samples for how to batch mode execute using bks files.

    --
    Walter Clayton
    http://www.dts-l.org

    "bri-netadmin" <brinetadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to be able to double click on a shortcut on the desktop and have
    > ntbackup start with my choosen file selections already selected. For
    > example,
    > the program starts and loads my "mybackup.bks". Does anyone know how to do
    > this? I've tried creating a shortcut to ntbackup.exe and then adding
    > command
    > line options to the command line but I have not been able to get this to
    > work.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Took several tries, but I got it to work. Thanks

    "Walter Clayton" wrote:

    > Go into Help and Support (the one the start menu) and do a search for
    > ntbackup. You'll find samples for how to batch mode execute using bks files.
    >
    > --
    > Walter Clayton
    > Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "bri-netadmin" <brinetadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I want to be able to double click on a shortcut on the desktop and have
    > > ntbackup start with my choosen file selections already selected. For
    > > example,
    > > the program starts and loads my "mybackup.bks". Does anyone know how to do
    > > this? I've tried creating a shortcut to ntbackup.exe and then adding
    > > command
    > > line options to the command line but I have not been able to get this to
    > > work.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

Desktops Microsoft Command Prompt Windows XP