EQ2: A dumb question

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was reading in another thread
about how one can't buff other players in EQ2 unless you're grouped
with them. Does that mean that the buff only remains in effect while
the "buffee" is still grouped with the buffer, and the buff goes away
when the group is disbanded?

Thanks in advance,

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo

"Batchild (Sue M.)" <batchild1@cox.net> wrote in message
> Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was reading in another thread
> about how one can't buff other players in EQ2 unless you're grouped
> with them. Does that mean that the buff only remains in effect while
> the "buffee" is still grouped with the buffer, and the buff goes away
> when the group is disbanded?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> http://members.cox.net/batchild1
> http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo

That is correct, the buff even fades if you are not close enough to the
grouped player. It's similar to a bard song. As long as you are close the
buff benefits you, when you leave a group or move too far away the buff is
gone.

The buff range is pretty good though, you won't be loosing buffs while
fighting mobs, unless you are spread out looking for specific mobs or
something.

Bcarshaman
Steamfont