scarabrae

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2003
Hi

My pc frequently just shuts down on me..on reboot XPHome sends error message to MS and suggests there is a driver problem.

However, I checked my MB voltage readings in the bios screen and these are as follows.

vcore/ 1.64 - 1.66v
vio/ 3.48
+5/ 4.83
+12/ 11.73
agp/ 1.48
ddr/ 2.56 - 2.57
5vsb/ 4.82
vbat/ 2.97

These reading suggest that my voltage readings are down. ie instead of "+5v I have 4.83"

Are these readigns ok?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your voltages are fine. Not ideal, but fine none the less.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
You should try checking you voltages under load. If you have a utility like Asus Probe or Motherboard monitor you can record the voltage rails while you’re running a stressing application like 3D Mark. After it runs you can see what your rails did under a heavy load.

If your 12 or 5 volts gets much lower try a new supply. It is a small investment that will likely prevent you from having problems in the future.

ZZSpaceman

scarabrae

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2003
Hi
I was just repling to this when my pc reset on me once more! It's like it does a hardware reset...I will try a new supply now

Thanks

scarabrae

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2003
New PSU and no shut downs :)

However, I need to boot my pc twice now. On first power up I get through to seeing th e XP home graphic and the timer bar moving accross the screen and then the monitor will swich off! When I press the reset button it will boot fine.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for all your help so far.