Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hi,

I just backed up all my files from my very buggy computer with Files and
Settings Transfer. I placed these files, through a home network, onto
another computer. I then refomated my computer. I set up another network
and transferred my files back. When I try and use Files and Settings
Transfer to implement the files it fails. I select a new computer and then
select "I don't need the Wizard Disk...". I then click other and select the
folder with my backed up files. It then fails:

"The location you specified does not contain stored information. Please
type a valid folder path into the edit box.

If you entered a path to a folder on a removable disk, the disk must be in
the drive"

What do I do to transfer these stored files?

Thanks

Anthony wrote:
> I just backed up all my files from my very buggy computer with Files
> and Settings Transfer. I placed these files, through a home network,
> onto another computer. I then refomated my computer. I set up
> another network and transferred my files back. When I try and use
> Files and Settings Transfer to implement the files it fails. I
> select a new computer and then select "I don't need the Wizard
> Disk...". I then click other and select the folder with my backed up
> files. It then fails:
>
> "The location you specified does not contain stored information.
> Please type a valid folder path into the edit box.
>
> If you entered a path to a folder on a removable disk, the disk must
> be in the drive"

Same Service Pack Level?

--
<- Shenan ->

Service packs installed or not installed makes no diffrence with FTW.
If you transfered the folder,was it zipped,it needs to be,youre best bet
is to save data to a new folder you create,then when data is completed,
transfer to a cd.

Andrew E. wrote:
> Service packs installed or not installed makes no diffrence with FTW.
> If you transfered the folder,was it zipped,it needs to be,youre best
> bet is to save data to a new folder you create,then when data is
> completed, transfer to a cd.

If you backed up with SP2 FAST, You cannot restore with SP1 FAST in my
experience.
(And vice versa.)

--
<- Shenan ->