Compaq Presario 732us.. Slow

kim

I have a Compaq Presario 732us Notebook computer....I'm trying to restore
back to original. The battery is bad but I can run it plugged into the wall
outlet.
I have been able to get all 3 of the restore cd's installed...but computer
is very slow.
I have yet to install Applications/Drivers cd's.

If and when I get the Applications/Drivers cd's installed will the speed of
the
computer comeback?
Is it ok to remove battery and run computer while plugged into wall outlet?
Is my slow speed problem caused by dead battery or the because I have
yet to install the Applications/Drivers cd's?

It has taken over 2 hours just to install the 3 Restore cd's .

Thanks,
Kim

hh

Probably needs the right drivers.