Recycle contents invisible!

After upgrading to WinXP-pro, everything working fine... except that items in
the Recycle Bin are not visible. The various columns for file name, date
deleted, etc. are there, but the deleted files don't show up. When I select
"Empty Recycle Bin" I'm asked if I'm sure I want to permanently delete this X
number of items, but still nothing is on the page. This probably wouldn't be
a problem, except that it's impossible to restore any deleted files. Any
ideas?

Carey, "You da' man!" That worked a treat, thanks very much! -Jim

Right-click on your desktop Recycle Bin and select
Properties. Under the Global tab, place a check in
the box next to "Display delete confirmation dialog"
and click Apply. Then click on the C: tab and remove
the check in the box next to "Do not move files to the
Recycle Bin...." and click Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jim Wood" wrote:

| After upgrading to WinXP-pro, everything working fine... except that items in
| the Recycle Bin are not visible. The various columns for file name, date
| deleted, etc. are there, but the deleted files don't show up. When I select
| "Empty Recycle Bin" I'm asked if I'm sure I want to permanently delete this X
| number of items, but still nothing is on the page. This probably wouldn't be
| a problem, except that it's impossible to restore any deleted files. Any
| ideas?

You're welcome Jim! Have a great day!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jim Wood" wrote:

| Carey, "You da' man!" That worked a treat, thanks very much! -Jim

Great thanks for that also....have the same problem on a clients PC, could
not work out what was going on....Cheers