I am receiving the “No Operating System found� message after I recently
loaded XP pro onto my slave drive and moved it to being the master. The
original master was removed from the machine.
I tried booting from the disk but will not, I have also checked the BIOS and
appears to set correctly, the main drive is set to the current hard drive.
also checked the jumper settings on the drive, again appear to be correct.
Any ideas?

reinstall XP
peterk

"stevedelta" <stevedelta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am receiving the "No Operating System found" message after I recently
> loaded XP pro onto my slave drive and moved it to being the master. The
> original master was removed from the machine.
> I tried booting from the disk but will not, I have also checked the BIOS
> and
> appears to set correctly, the main drive is set to the current hard drive.
> also checked the jumper settings on the drive, again appear to be correct.
> Any ideas?

Even if you load the operating system on a slave drive, a few very important
files are always installed on drive C:.

You have removed drive C: - the system will not boot without these

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"stevedelta" <stevedelta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am receiving the "No Operating System found" message after I recently
> loaded XP pro onto my slave drive and moved it to being the master. The
> original master was removed from the machine.
> I tried booting from the disk but will not, I have also checked the BIOS
> and
> appears to set correctly, the main drive is set to the current hard drive.
> also checked the jumper settings on the drive, again appear to be correct.
> Any ideas?

If I put the machine back to the original configuration, the origianl master
and original slave, is there anything I can do / load onto the slave so that
when it becomes the master XP loads and runs?

Steve.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Even if you load the operating system on a slave drive, a few very important
> files are always installed on drive C:.
>
> You have removed drive C: - the system will not boot without these
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "stevedelta" <stevedelta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am receiving the "No Operating System found" message after I recently
> > loaded XP pro onto my slave drive and moved it to being the master. The
> > original master was removed from the machine.
> > I tried booting from the disk but will not, I have also checked the BIOS
> > and
> > appears to set correctly, the main drive is set to the current hard drive.
> > also checked the jumper settings on the drive, again appear to be correct.
> > Any ideas?

No. You are going to have to perform a repair install of the operating
system while the drive is in its final location.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)