antec p160 case and temp probe

rkshack

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2003
I just got a antec p160 case and I am in the middle of the installation. Where and how should I attache the temp probes. Also Can I put them in between the cpu and heat sink. Thanks.
rkshack

appsdba

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
I just bought the same case. Haven't built yet since my Power Supply needs to be replaced. But I will let you know as soon as I start building unless someone else answers. Did you install an internal Floppy drive? I tried to put the Floppy drive in and couldn't get it in the slot.

rkshack

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2003
I got my floppy in the slot fine. I did have a little trouble getting the front cover to go over the floppy. With a little force it went fine. I have had someone tell me to use thermal tape for the temp probe.

nickd

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2003
I'm pretty sure you *shouldn't* put the temp probe between the cpu and the heatsink - you are looking for as complete contact as possible between the heatsink and cpu so that there is as little air (a poor heat conductor) as possible.

I have the same case - I have one probe sort of loose but twisted up in the mai power cable and also one squeezed onto the top of my main hard disk.

incidentally, my IO panel at the top doesn't seem to hnige - is there a catch or anything I'm missing or is your stiff?