Problems with internet

I just got this computer a few months ago and am having
problems. I have windows xp. I cannot do anything to it
like uncheck anything in msconfig or delete a program
with it ruining my internet connection. I have to unplug
modem (cable modem) and replug and reboot and try to do
repairs and finally internet will come back up.I will go
to Network connections and it says it cannot clear the
arp cache; I will go to internet options and it says it
cannot loate online services. What is wrong with this
machine that it cannot do things. I would like to clean
up the msconfig and services.msc. I have everything
running in the background that I know doesn't have to be,
but If I try to change anything, I cannot get on
Internet. The internet people have been out to the house
and the internet connection is fine - they think it is
software. But I don't know where to start. Any ideas?
I have run several virus programs and spyware programs
and it is all clean.
Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Quick and easy solution maybe... repair install.
"Patti WN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got this computer a few months ago and am having
> problems. I have windows xp. I cannot do anything to it
> like uncheck anything in msconfig or delete a program
> with it ruining my internet connection. I have to unplug
> modem (cable modem) and replug and reboot and try to do
> repairs and finally internet will come back up.I will go
> to Network connections and it says it cannot clear the
> arp cache; I will go to internet options and it says it
> cannot loate online services. What is wrong with this
> machine that it cannot do things. I would like to clean
> up the msconfig and services.msc. I have everything
> running in the background that I know doesn't have to be,
> but If I try to change anything, I cannot get on
> Internet. The internet people have been out to the house
> and the internet connection is fine - they think it is
> software. But I don't know where to start. Any ideas?
> I have run several virus programs and spyware programs
> and it is all clean.
> Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

A repair install....................what is that?

http://www.google.co.nz/search?num=50&hl=en&safe=off&q=repair+install&btnG=Search&meta=

>A repair install....................what is that?

TRENDING THREADS