Power supply question

Saven

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2003
It seems i will be getting my mobo and processor from intel a bit later than i hoped, so i need to make sure my other components work before their exchange period is up... so... i just have a quick question on the power supply. I bought the x-superalien case with 500w see thru powersupply... and i saw a site that rated it with a picture of it. The powersupply was by itself and all light up, not connected to anything(sorta looked to be a doctered photo). So correct me if i'm wrong, but if i just hook power to my PS and flip the switch for it to be on it will not actually activate the fans and such without it being hooked to a mobo and hitting the power button correct? Just wanna make sure my PS is not defective or anything. Thank you! Please reply if you know : )

Saven

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2003
ok...nm, i hooked it to my current mobo, and it works perfect : ) looks pretty tight too, i defenantly recomend the x-superalien case by antec. Perfect look... really light weight, 8 blue led uv sensitive fans that light up the uv reactive components included! And the 500w PS is rated very highly by all the web sights i have checked out!