Extreaneous Account?

Good morning. Somehow, I have an account named "Jim Richards_2" on my PC. I
didn't create this account intentionally, it just appeared and in some
places it is causing me trouble. How do I find out ALL the windows accounts
that are on my machine and how do I delete this _2 account? (Step by step
instructions please). TIA, Jim Richards.
3 answers Last reply
More about extreaneous account

    "Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote:

    >Good morning. Somehow, I have an account named "Jim Richards_2" on my PC. I
    >didn't create this account intentionally, it just appeared and in some
    >places it is causing me trouble. How do I find out ALL the windows accounts
    >that are on my machine and how do I delete this _2 account? (Step by step
    >instructions please). TIA, Jim Richards.

    When you use the System Restore or when you reinstall Windows, your
    user account may be copied to a new account. This means, that the _2
    account current account and your old accound is no longer in use.
    Type CMD at Start > Run to open a DOS console and then type
    SET
    Check the value for %userprofile% here, it will list the current
    folder for your user profile. If there is a duplicate profile folder
    in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS, you can delete this folder from the Safe
    Mode.
    "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

    --
    (tm)

    Thanks for your response. This snapshot of IE clearly shows the two
    accounts: Jim Richards and Jim Richards_2.
    http://www.jimwrichards.com/images/JimRichards_2.gif . I did not find a
    duplicate profile folder
    in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS. What do I do so that I have only the "Jim
    Richards" account in XP Pro. TIA, Jim.

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Good morning. Somehow, I have an account named "Jim Richards_2" on my PC.
    >>didn't create this account intentionally, it just appeared and in some
    >>places it is causing me trouble. How do I find out ALL the windows
    >>accounts
    >>that are on my machine and how do I delete this _2 account? (Step by step
    >>instructions please). TIA, Jim Richards.
    >
    > When you use the System Restore or when you reinstall Windows, your
    > user account may be copied to a new account. This means, that the _2
    > account current account and your old accound is no longer in use.
    > Type CMD at Start > Run to open a DOS console and then type
    > SET
    > Check the value for %userprofile% here, it will list the current
    > folder for your user profile. If there is a duplicate profile folder
    > in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS, you can delete this folder from the Safe
    > Mode.
    > "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote:

    >Thanks for your response. This snapshot of IE clearly shows the two
    >accounts: Jim Richards and Jim Richards_2.
    >http://www.jimwrichards.com/images/JimRichards_2.gif . I did not find a
    >duplicate profile folder
    > in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS.

    The duplicate is, that there are "Jim Richards" and "Jim Richards_2"
    in this folder DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS.

    --
    (tm)

Microsoft Windows XP