Extreaneous Account?

Good morning. Somehow, I have an account named "Jim Richards_2" on my PC. I
didn't create this account intentionally, it just appeared and in some
places it is causing me trouble. How do I find out ALL the windows accounts
that are on my machine and how do I delete this _2 account? (Step by step
instructions please). TIA, Jim Richards.

"Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote:

>Good morning. Somehow, I have an account named "Jim Richards_2" on my PC. I
>didn't create this account intentionally, it just appeared and in some
>places it is causing me trouble. How do I find out ALL the windows accounts
>that are on my machine and how do I delete this _2 account? (Step by step
>instructions please). TIA, Jim Richards.

When you use the System Restore or when you reinstall Windows, your
user account may be copied to a new account. This means, that the _2
account current account and your old accound is no longer in use.
Type CMD at Start > Run to open a DOS console and then type
SET
Check the value for %userprofile% here, it will list the current
folder for your user profile. If there is a duplicate profile folder
in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS, you can delete this folder from the Safe
Mode.
"A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

--
(tm)

Thanks for your response. This snapshot of IE clearly shows the two
accounts: Jim Richards and Jim Richards_2.
http://www.jimwrichards.com/images/JimRichards_2.gif . I did not find a
duplicate profile folder
in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS. What do I do so that I have only the "Jim
Richards" account in XP Pro. TIA, Jim.

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Good morning. Somehow, I have an account named "Jim Richards_2" on my PC.
>>didn't create this account intentionally, it just appeared and in some
>>places it is causing me trouble. How do I find out ALL the windows
>>accounts
>>that are on my machine and how do I delete this _2 account? (Step by step
>>instructions please). TIA, Jim Richards.
>
> When you use the System Restore or when you reinstall Windows, your
> user account may be copied to a new account. This means, that the _2
> account current account and your old accound is no longer in use.
> Type CMD at Start > Run to open a DOS console and then type
> SET
> Check the value for %userprofile% here, it will list the current
> folder for your user profile. If there is a duplicate profile folder
> in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS, you can delete this folder from the Safe
> Mode.
> "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)
>
> --
> (tm)

"Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your response. This snapshot of IE clearly shows the two
>accounts: Jim Richards and Jim Richards_2.
>http://www.jimwrichards.com/images/JimRichards_2.gif . I did not find a
>duplicate profile folder
> in DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS.

The duplicate is, that there are "Jim Richards" and "Jim Richards_2"
in this folder DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS.

--
(tm)