KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
I guess the previous thread got deleated since there was some "anti-social" chatter from the galleries<g>

The Sapphire 9800Pro came in today and runs great. Everything is smooth and heat seems to be acceptable. Case temp went from 75F to 84F and the 350w PSU is definitely warmer but not hot to the touch. The voltage rails look mostly stable with the slight exception of the 5V rail which is going between 4.838 and 4.919. Is this enough of a fluctuation to worry about? I guess I'm okay unless I have stability problems or start to smell that wonderful toasted electronics smell.

The APC LS500 says I'm pulling 249 watts under a heavy load, like when the Chimp demo is running. I'm hoping this means I'm still within specs.

Now if there were any games out there worth a damn<g>

16801 in 3dMark2001, like that means anything.

<font color=purple>AMD XP 2500+ @ 3200+/200, A7N8X Dlx, 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS DDR, ATi 9800Pro, Audigy Platinum, 2/5 TB of storage, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro SP1, and more neon than a ghetto sled

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sounds fine to me. If you need to upgrade later I suggest another 350W, this time from Fortron.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>