No System restore tab

March 18, 2005 10:59:04 AM

Hi , please help,
I need to restore my comp but when I try to I get a error message saying
"you do not have the sufficient security privileges to restore your system.
Please contact your administrator or logout and log in again as an
administrator and try again" I do not understand this as I am the
"administrator". I have tried going to control panel, performance and
maintenance, system but when I get to system properties I have no "system
restore" tab. Any help at all will b appreciated!

More about : system restore tab

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:48:11 PM

Della

Have tried logging on as Administrator in Safe Mode? F8 key during
StartUp.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"bella" <bella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi , please help,
> I need to restore my comp but when I try to I get a error message
> saying
> "you do not have the sufficient security privileges to restore your
> system.
> Please contact your administrator or logout and log in again as an
> administrator and try again" I do not understand this as I am the
> "administrator". I have tried going to control panel, performance and
> maintenance, system but when I get to system properties I have no
> "system
> restore" tab. Any help at all will b appreciated!
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 11:52:55 PM

Hi Bella,

If this error is occurring while logged on as administrator, follow
these steps.

Go to Start - Run and type regedit then press enter.
Navigate to the following registry Key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
NT\SystemRestore

In the right pane, right click on each of these Value Keys and select
delete.
"DisableSR"
"DisableConfig"

Close Regedit. Right click on My Computer and select the System
Restore tab. A reboot may be necessary.

If the above doesn't fix the issue, there's a registry edit at Kelly's
Korner.
Look on line 278 left side.

You can find more troubleshooting tips here.
All About System Restore in WinXP
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/body_index.html

--
Regards,