Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Want to Learn Apple Computer

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 3, 2011 4:22:26 AM

Hello

I haven't used a apple computer since 1997, so I have used PCs since than and now want to learn them again. What is a good laptop to start on or desktop that is not really expensive let me know.

Dale

More about : learn apple computer

December 3, 2011 4:40:49 AM

if you have a pc desktop you can try hackintosh osx , distro is iatkos L2 lion 10.7.2 , just make sure your motherboard is compatible and video card also must be compatible , insanelymac web forum can help you alot. but if you have the money to buy a real mac that is the best minus the learning curb to install osx lion o.s.
m
l
December 3, 2011 5:00:22 AM

I found the hackintosh route not very good for learning OSX. There are just to many incompatibilities.

I'd say look in to a mac Mini that is a few years old or look at a Macbook Pro 13"
I have the MBP with a dual boot windows 7 and it is a good machine on both fronts.

m
l
Related resources
December 3, 2011 5:34:55 AM

OK I prefer to have the system know of any sites that have cheap Apples?
m
l
December 3, 2011 8:14:27 AM

jale1966 said:
OK I prefer to have the system know of any sites that have cheap Apples?
There is a website called Power Max which sells used Macs all kinds located in California.
m
l
December 3, 2011 8:37:01 AM

Apple computer prices are pretty much standart across online retailers. Assuming you are from USA, the best places are Amazon, BHphotovideo, bestbuy or Macmall

http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/

the MacMini will be the right choice for you I believe, its the cheapest entry. Altough you may use your display, keyboard and mouse, you have to get the apple magic mouse in order to get a full experience. Also, later on, go to macsales.com and order 8GB of memory, its less then $50
m
l

Best solution

December 5, 2011 12:37:22 AM

leandrodafontoura said:
Apple computer prices are pretty much standart across online retailers. Assuming you are from USA, the best places are Amazon, BHphotovideo, bestbuy or Macmall

http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/

the MacMini will be the right choice for you I believe, its the cheapest entry. Altough you may use your display, keyboard and mouse, you have to get the apple magic mouse in order to get a full experience. Also, later on, go to macsales.com and order 8GB of memory, its less then $50
Why must you have to buy the magic mouse?
December 13, 2011 3:04:18 PM

Best answer selected by jale1966.
m
l
!