[SOLVED] Want to Learn Apple Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jale1966

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Hello

I haven't used a apple computer since 1997, so I have used PCs since than and now want to learn them again. What is a good laptop to start on or desktop that is not really expensive let me know.

Dale

Solution
Why must you have to buy the magic mouse?

tonitelaoag

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
if you have a pc desktop you can try hackintosh osx , distro is iatkos L2 lion 10.7.2 , just make sure your motherboard is compatible and video card also must be compatible , insanelymac web forum can help you alot. but if you have the money to buy a real mac that is the best minus the learning curb to install osx lion o.s.

joe_newbuilder

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I found the hackintosh route not very good for learning OSX. There are just to many incompatibilities.

I'd say look in to a mac Mini that is a few years old or look at a Macbook Pro 13"
I have the MBP with a dual boot windows 7 and it is a good machine on both fronts.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Apple computer prices are pretty much standart across online retailers. Assuming you are from USA, the best places are Amazon, BHphotovideo, bestbuy or Macmall

http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/

the MacMini will be the right choice for you I believe, its the cheapest entry. Altough you may use your display, keyboard and mouse, you have to get the apple magic mouse in order to get a full experience. Also, later on, go to macsales.com and order 8GB of memory, its less then $50

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Why must you have to buy the magic mouse?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.