MIMO Standard Routers

Archived from groups: alt.computer.hardware,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Can anyone give me the good and bad points of a MIMO standard versus the
802.11g? I understand MIMO travels further, something I need, but I want to
know the downside as well.

Thanks

pjb

--
Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net

Archived from groups: alt.computer.hardware,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I have the Linksys router and PC card and they work great for me. I havfe
had no problems with them. They have greatly extended the effective range
around my house.

Dave G

"pjbphd" <pjbphdspamsux@cox.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me the good and bad points of a MIMO standard versus the
> 802.11g? I understand MIMO travels further, something I need, but I want
> to know the downside as well.
>
> Thanks
>
> pjb
>

> --
> Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
> directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net

Archived from groups: alt.computer.hardware,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I would appreciate it if you could tell me which pcmcia controller your
laptop uses in conjunction with your Linksys MIMO pc card - the O2Micro
or Texas Instruments?

Thanks,
Harvey

Dave G wrote:
> I have the Linksys router and PC card and they work great for me. I havfe
> had no problems with them. They have greatly extended the effective range
> around my house.
>
> Dave G
>
> "pjbphd" <pjbphdspamsux@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>Can anyone give me the good and bad points of a MIMO standard versus the
>>802.11g? I understand MIMO travels further, something I need, but I want
>>to know the downside as well.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>pjb
>>

>>--
>>Too many spams have forced me to alter my email. If you wish to email me
>>directly please send messages to pjbphd at cox dot net

Archived from groups: alt.computer.hardware,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I'm not sure but the laptop is a nearly new IBM Thinkpad X40.

Dave G