Whenever I try to open my windows task manager it shows up for a second then
just disappears. I dont understnad why, it does it for me either way i try to
open it, using CTRL + ALT + DELETE or by right clicking and choosing windows
task manager. I also have another problem where whenever I use internet
exploror i get this box at the bottom showing xsdjc.offeroptimizer (something
like that) but i dont know how to get rid of it, if i click on it nothing
pops up or anything. I really need help with both of these problems.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2738F406-22AB-49E8-9609-1C7E58EA5DB6@microsoft.com,
lukaveli <lukaveli@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Whenever I try to open my windows task manager it shows up for a
> second then just disappears. I dont understnad why, it does it for me
> either way i try to open it, using CTRL + ALT + DELETE or by right
> clicking and choosing windows task manager. I also have another
> problem where whenever I use internet exploror i get this box at the
> bottom showing xsdjc.offeroptimizer (something like that) but i dont
> know how to get rid of it, if i click on it nothing pops up or
> anything. I really need help with both of these problems.

Download, install, update, scan in safe mode, and delete the found malware:

Download this first and keep it handy in case your connection to the 'net is
damaged afterwards:

LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks:
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Spyware:
www.lavasoft.de - AdAware
http://security.kolla.de/ - Spybot
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx -
Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta

Galen

Thanks for you help Galen in removing spyware but I still cannot access my
task manager as it disappears, please help me.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:2738F406-22AB-49E8-9609-1C7E58EA5DB6@microsoft.com,
> lukaveli <lukaveli@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Whenever I try to open my windows task manager it shows up for a
> > second then just disappears. I dont understnad why, it does it for me
> > either way i try to open it, using CTRL + ALT + DELETE or by right
> > clicking and choosing windows task manager. I also have another
> > problem where whenever I use internet exploror i get this box at the
> > bottom showing xsdjc.offeroptimizer (something like that) but i dont
> > know how to get rid of it, if i click on it nothing pops up or
> > anything. I really need help with both of these problems.
>
> Download, install, update, scan in safe mode, and delete the found malware:
>
> Download this first and keep it handy in case your connection to the 'net is
> damaged afterwards:
>
> LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks:
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
>

> Spyware:
> www.lavasoft.de - AdAware
> http://security.kolla.de/ - Spybot
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx -
> Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:29D28A07-651A-4955-844C-A0B7A6CF142B@microsoft.com,
lukaveli <lukaveli@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks for you help Galen in removing spyware but I still cannot
> access my task manager as it disappears, please help me.

Then it's time to explore virus/trojan options. These are all free:

Virus:
www.grisoft.com - AVG
www.antivir.com - AntiVir
www.clamwin.com - ClamWin
http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - CA eTrust*

Trojan:
www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
http://swatit.org/

All of these are free for home use. All of them are acceptable solutions to
your security needs.
Does not provide full real-time scanning engine.

*My understanding CA is available free for a limited time. Please note that
the page says this:
@Free software offer expires 2/1/05.@
The number of times it has been given out as a viable option leads me to
believe that this has been extended. You should, of course, verify this on
your own.

Galen

Im still having the same problem and i ran most of those programs u linked
me with. thanks for your help anywayz, if you havfe more methods please feel
free to tell me how to get rid of this problem.

In news:1AFDDF49-8A45-45D6-B975-2AC8B5934841@microsoft.com,
lukaveli <lukaveli@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Im still having the same problem and i ran most of those programs u
> linked me with. thanks for your help anywayz, if you havfe more
> methods please feel free to tell me how to get rid of this problem.

I'm afraid that's all I've got...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=task+manager+won%27t+stay+open

If you'll look there you will see that this is almost always related to
malware of some type, usually virus or spyware related. You've updated and
scanned and found nothing with any of them?

Galen