Hi i downloaded Microsoft spyware recently because I couldnt browse the web.
and I still cant. Evne tho, it found 2 spyware things on my computer...one
was deleted and one was quarantined. I cannot browse the web nor can I still
get into my e-mail. What to do...any suggestions?
--
Thanx, Dani

Hi

What kind of error messages, if any have you seen? Please try the following
programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

Also virus-check your system with the latest definitions for your AV
program.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Danigeca" <Danigeca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi i downloaded Microsoft spyware recently because I couldnt browse the
> web.
> and I still cant. Evne tho, it found 2 spyware things on my
> computer...one
> was deleted and one was quarantined. I cannot browse the web nor can I
> still
> get into my e-mail. What to do...any suggestions?
> --
> Thanx, Dani

I had a similar problem after finding spyware/malware/trojan downloader. My
WINSOCK file was corrupt. Check here for a fix
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/WinSock-XP-Fix.shtml

Good Luck, Doug