Need to remove adware

I recently had Norton Anti-Virus detect a program called "adware.lop" and a
file associated with this program. The problem is that Norton can't delete
this file. I just get a message saying that the file failed to delete. I
have gone to Symantec's website and tried removing this adware with their
manual instructions but have had no luck. After I delete the file it seems
to load itself again from the registry. Does anyone out there have any
advice on how to remove this. Can this be done from the registry?

Thanks,
Greg
1 answer Last reply
More about need remove adware

    Hi Greg... Go to this web site there is a download to remove the lop. It is
    very annoying it adds links in your fav folder that can't be reomoved. Good
    luck
    http://lop.com/help.html

    "Greg" wrote:

    > I recently had Norton Anti-Virus detect a program called "adware.lop" and a
    > file associated with this program. The problem is that Norton can't delete
    > this file. I just get a message saying that the file failed to delete. I
    > have gone to Symantec's website and tried removing this adware with their
    > manual instructions but have had no luck. After I delete the file it seems
    > to load itself again from the registry. Does anyone out there have any
    > advice on how to remove this. Can this be done from the registry?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Greg

Norton Windows XP