display erroe

My display reverts to 640 x 430, each time I start up or restart. I have to
change it each time. It's OK then. Think problem might be that a month ago,
tried to install an older game and is shocked the system. It whited out and
error messages displayed. Thought that every thing was O.K. and then started
to get this setting reversal. This is a new Dell and has WinXP with 2-pack.
Thanks

Mel22odie <Mel22odie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My display reverts to 640 x 430, each time I start up or restart. I have to
>change it each time. It's OK then.

Create a new user and see if this happens here as well. If no, copy
your old account to the new user and test again. If all still is well,
use the new account from now on.
"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)

--
(tm)