Netgear WG511 won't work

It's weird. I just bought it used on eBay. I can connect to other
routers within range of the card, but it won't connect to MY router, a
Motorola WR850G. I have no idea why not. Anybody got a clue? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about netgear wg511 work

    watha@monitortan.com wrote:

    > It's weird. I just bought it used on eBay. I can connect to other
    > routers within range of the card, but it won't connect to MY router, a
    > Motorola WR850G. I have no idea why not. Anybody got a clue? Thanks.

    Have you disabled all security features on your router?

    Pitiful, ain't it? Why didn't I think of that? Kinda obvious,
    actually. And exactly the cause of the problem. Everything's fine
    now. Thanks, all.

    On 14-Aug-2005, Roby <roby@no-address.net> wrote:

    > It's weird. I just bought it used on eBay. I can connect to other
    > > routers within range of the card, but it won't connect to MY router, a
    > > Motorola WR850G. I have no idea why not. Anybody got a clue? Thanks.

    Disable MAC address filtering or enter the MAC address of your wireless
    card.
    --
    Just Me, D

Routers Connection Netgear Wireless Networking