Sign in with
Your question

Open folder in the same window option not working.

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
October 5, 2010 8:57:38 AM

Kindly am running on windows 7 and the open folder in the same window option is not working.
Please assist

LK
October 5, 2010 12:26:08 PM

Quote:
Kindly am running on windows 7 and the open folder in the same window option is not working.
Please assist

LK

This seems to be a bug going up to windows vista and possibly windows server 2008...

A quick workaround is to remove the navigation pane from the left by clicking organise -> layout -> and deselecting navigation pane, and then after to apply the setting to all folders by going to organise -> folder and search options -> view tab -> apply to folders.

Close all windows and should be OK. It worked for me...
October 5, 2010 9:49:38 PM

After looking into this I found that this solution seemed to work for many people:

1.Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.

2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

3.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

4.At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
December 16, 2012 5:32:57 PM

I have tried deselecting the navigation pane and running a scannow check from a cmd line and neither worked. Any ideas? Thx
!