Windows Explorer Shuts down intermittently

I have searched all the sources that I know of, and I keep getting explorer
shutting down on me...the following message is what is reported;

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00018fea

I have xp...Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
I use office 2000 professional, and I have all the updates for office and xp.
Is there a fix for this?
Thank you for your time.

Hi there,

Try the below work around:

1. Click Start, run, type "inetcpl.cpl" (with out quotation marks) and click
OK.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Browsing, uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions
(requires restart)" check box.
4. Click OK.

I recommend you scanning for spywares using the award winning Lavasoft
Adaware software, please download from here (direct link):
http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:

1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
if available. and click Finish
3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
(Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
all objects')
6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.

--
HTH
Meena