BSOD constantly!

March 19, 2005 11:17:04 PM

I have been trying to deal with this problem for about 6 months. I am at my
wits end! Hopefully someone can help me. I am not super computer saavy but
can follow dirctions!

Randomly, my computer goes to the BSOD. It could be immediately after it
boots up and I get my desktop, or while on the net or working on a program.
No rhyme nor reason.

I suspect that it is a bad driver but have no idea how to figure out which
one. I have stripped the computer down to just the CPU, monitor keyboard and
mouse and it still happens.

Below is the error log from today ONLY! URRRRGGGG!

Saturday, March 19, 2005 W32Time Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred
during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'.
NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A
socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Saturday, March 19, 2005 W32Time The time provider NtpClient is configured
to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources
are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14
minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 W32Time Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred
during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'.
NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A
socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Saturday, March 19, 2005 W32Time The time provider NtpClient is configured
to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources
are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 15
minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 W32Time Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred
during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'.
NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A
socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Saturday, March 19, 2005 W32Time The time provider NtpClient is configured
to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources
are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14
minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
00000c4b, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the
service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B 726-00C04FB926AF}

Saturday, March 19, 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the
service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B 1D0-00805FC1270E}

Saturday, March 19, 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the
service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B 1D0-00805FC1270E}

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Service Control Manager The DHCP Client service
depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of
the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Service Control Manager The DNS Client service
depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because
of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Service Control Manager The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
service depends on the AFD Networking Support Environment service which
failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the
system is not functioning.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Service Control Manager The IPSEC Services service
depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the
following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Service Control Manager The Trend Micro Proxy
Service service depends on the Trend Micro TDI Driver service which failed to
start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not
functioning.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Service Control Manager The following boot-start or
system-start driver(s) failed to load: AFD Fips intelppm IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS
NetBT RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip tmtdi WS2IFSL

Saturday, March 19, 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the
service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B 726-00C04FB926AF}

Saturday, March 19, 2005 Print Printer hp photosmart 1215 series failed to
initialize because a suitable hp photosmart 1215 series driver could not be
found.
(I deleted this old printer fro the system today)

[...]

..
Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.

I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus software.
Any ideas??

More about : bsod constantly

March 21, 2005 2:47:03 AM

You seem to have too many problems with the time synchronisation feature.

Double click on the clock [time display] in the system tray. Click on
Internet Time tab. Change the site to time.nist.gov.

Also have you run any anti spyware application just to see that you don't
have any hijacker software upsetting the internet configurations.

Get hold of Spybot Search & Destroy: free download, then install it and
update it [if you can]. Then reboot in safe mode and check for nasties: make
sure you delete any and ALL crudware!

Rebott after completing and go back to attempting to have a stable PC.

"bogey61944" wrote:

> [...]
> minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time
> .
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
>

> I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus software.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:08:46 AM

This Article might help:
NetBIOS Communication Does Not Work, Error Message Says AFD Networking
Support Environment Service Is Disabled
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285173

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"bogey61944" <bogey61944@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4
> 80564468.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4
> 80564468.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4
> 8054b534.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4
> 8054b534.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4
> 8054b534.
>

> I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus

March 21, 2005 3:27:04 PM

Thank you so much! I will try this and let you know!

"BAR" wrote:

> [...]
> > minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time
> > .
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> > 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> > 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > 002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > 009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
> >

> > I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus software.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 3:35:03 PM

Thanks, I'll read it!

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> [...]
> > 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4
> > 80564468.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> > 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4
> > 80564468.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > 002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4
> > 8054b534.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > 009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4
> > 8054b534.
> >
> > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4
> > 8054b534.
> >

> > I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:31:03 PM

Okay, fixed the time and downloaded and ran Spybot (in safe mode). Got rid of
some junk but still had a BSOD when I rebooted after running verifier.

Any other ideas?

"bogey61944" wrote:

> [...]
> > > minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time
> > > .
> > > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> > > 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
> > >
> > > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> > > 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
> > >
> > > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > > 002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
> > >
> > > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > > 009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
> > >
> > > Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> > > 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
> > >

> > > I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus software.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:45:51 PM

Only System Error are blue screens. Yours are undocumented but all documented ones that start with a 1 have the same meanings as those that start with 0. So we'll assume that

0x1000000a = 0xa (10 in decimal)
0x100000c5 = 0xc (12 in decimal)

[0x prefixed means hexidecimal or base16)

Parameter 4 is the memory address where the error occured. 0x8054b534 in your case (for 0xa and nearby for the 0xc case).

Pstat can tell you what driver is loaded at what address. Install the Windows Support Tools from XP's CD. They left it out of the help file. Just type pstat in a command prompt. The bottom section will list drivers and their memory address. Match your param 4 on this list. Param 1 is memory it tried to read, param 2 is the IRQL, and for param 3 0 means read and 1 write. Remember this is all in base 16, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, 10. So 0x10 is 16 decimal. Calculator can convert for you if needed in scientific mode.

AND/OR

Type verifier in Start - Run and follow the wizard. This will make all drivers slower but error messages should contain the driver's name and all drivers get checked as they work. The error code may change as Windows is strict with drivers.

AND/OR

mail me a minidump. Type in Help, Small Memory Dump.

> [...]
> minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time
> .
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1
> 80564468, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 80564468.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 002713ed, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 009a8236, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
>
> Saturday, March 19, 2005 System Error Error code 100000c5, parameter1
> 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 8054b534.
>

> I have Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 as Antivirus software.

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 1:48:31 PM

A search of the web only revealed two other cases. One solved it by uninstalling PC-Cillian. The other didn't say what happened.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmtdi.sys is the faulting driver. But these other files are also part of the driver.
a.. TM_CFW.SYS

a.. TMTDI.SYS

a.. TMFILTER.SYS

a.. VSAPINT.SYS

a.. TMPREFLT.SYS

a.. TMXPFLT.SYS

When disabling drivers in device manager make sure that it's name matches one of the above. You can check it name by right clicking it, and chooseing Properties, Driver tab, Driver Details button. This will also tell you the version number of that file and will hopefully match the version of the product. In Trend Micro main program choose Help menu - About to see version info. But not all programs use matching version numbers.

You can get a free AV program here, www.grisoft.com

"bogey61944" <bogey61944@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31EFEA97-2769-45F9-84A4-6898AFB90353@microsoft.com...
>I used to use TrendMicro PC-Cillin as my antivirus. Since, I have upgraded
> and am now using Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005.
>
> Can you tell if it is the older program (that I supposedly uninstalled) that
> is causing the problem or the newer version? I updated it through Trend Micro
> website, so I don't have the CD. I updated two other computers with it and am
> having no problems with those.
>

> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Do you use PC-cillin anti virus program by Trend Micro. Can you reinstall it, ie have the disk it came on? If so uninstall it. Reenable verifier. See if that fixes the problem.
>>
>> tmtdi.sys is a file from that program.
>>
>> If you have problems uninstalling it see
>> http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/support/know...
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 1:48:32 PM

Well, this has been one heck of an evening.

I went through the steps you outlined (disabling drivers, services and
autoruns) and then ran verifier. Went through the reboot and it started,
loaded and I DIDN'T get the BSOD or Stop error.

So, I reenabled everything, re-booted and got BSOD and Stop Error below:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0x000000C5 (0x00B36E33, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80543534)

Then I had to F8 in order to restart computer. I did last known good
configuration and it started, without any of the Trend Micro (PC-Cillin)
loaded (assuming because that was the last time everything loaded and I
didn't get a Stop error). I had to play around to get my compter to turn them
back on but I still don't have any Real Time Scan or updating ability. Not
sure what isn't starting.

I think this proves that you were right about it being a driver for this
Anti-Virus software but I'm not sure how to fix it. I ended up disabling the
following 4 drivers:

tmpreflt.sys
vgapint.sys
tmfilter.sys
tmtdi.sys

I have re-enabled them but something is holding back the program from fully
functioning. I am gonna search for info on replacing/updating these drivers
while I wait to hear from you.

"David Candy" wrote:

> A search of the web only revealed two other cases. One solved it by uninstalling PC-Cillian. The other didn't say what happened.
>
> c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmtdi.sys is the faulting driver. But these other files are also part of the driver.
> a.. TM_CFW.SYS
>
> a.. TMTDI.SYS
>
> a.. TMFILTER.SYS
>
> a.. VSAPINT.SYS
>
> a.. TMPREFLT.SYS
>
> a.. TMXPFLT.SYS
>
> When disabling drivers in device manager make sure that it's name matches one of the above. You can check it name by right clicking it, and chooseing Properties, Driver tab, Driver Details button. This will also tell you the version number of that file and will hopefully match the version of the product. In Trend Micro main program choose Help menu - About to see version info. But not all programs use matching version numbers.
>
> You can get a free AV program here, www.grisoft.com

> "bogey61944" <bogey61944@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31EFEA97-2769-45F9-84A4-6898AFB90353@microsoft.com...
> >I used to use TrendMicro PC-Cillin as my antivirus. Since, I have upgraded
> > and am now using Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005.
> >
> > Can you tell if it is the older program (that I supposedly uninstalled) that
> > is causing the problem or the newer version? I updated it through Trend Micro
> > website, so I don't have the CD. I updated two other computers with it and am
> > having no problems with those.
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you use PC-cillin anti virus program by Trend Micro. Can you reinstall it, ie have the disk it came on? If so uninstall it. Reenable verifier. See if that fixes the problem.
> >>
> >> tmtdi.sys is a file from that program.
> >>
> >> If you have problems uninstalling it see
> >> http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/support/know...

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 4:00:12 PM

Go to Start - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and choose this program in the list. See if you get a repair option or change option.

See what hardware you have on this computer compared to the other two. You may have a digital camera or MP3 player driver that Trend may be trying to scan.

You could contact Trend Micro support. Send them the debugger output that diagnosed their driver that I included in my previous post. http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com

Or you could install AVG instead of Trend. It's free for home users. www.grisoft.com

"bogey61944" <bogey61944@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFC19E4F-5EC9-439E-A933-BEC32676BF85@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>>
>> You can get a free AV program here, www.grisoft.com
>>
>> --
>>
>> "bogey61944" <bogey61944@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31EFEA97-2769-45F9-84A4-6898AFB90353@microsoft.com...
>> >I used to use TrendMicro PC-Cillin as my antivirus. Since, I have upgraded
>> > and am now using Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005.
>> >
>> > Can you tell if it is the older program (that I supposedly uninstalled) that
>> > is causing the problem or the newer version? I updated it through Trend Micro
>> > website, so I don't have the CD. I updated two other computers with it and am

March 24, 2005 12:51:02 AM

David, first of all, thank you so much for all your help and sticking with me
through out this ordeal!

I have been emailing back and forth with Trend Micro since yesterday. I have
uninstalled the program completely and found that the computer runs
perfectly. Then when I was in the middle of the re-install, I got the blasted
blue screen and Stop error, as usual.

Had to boot up with "Last known Good Configuration" so, Trend Micro is not
running right now but the computer is running great!

Your post has triggered a thought though. I think I have old software/camera
on this computer. I don't have the camera anymore so I sould remove it. I
think I will check it out and see if I delete this if Trend will run again.
If not, I am simply going to change AntiVirus software. This is ridiculous!

Again, thanks so much! I will post my findings here so you will know, one
way or another.
"David Candy" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmtdi.sys is the faulting driver. But these other files are also part of the driver.
> >> a.. TM_CFW.SYS
> >>
> >> a.. TMTDI.SYS
> >>
> >> a.. TMFILTER.SYS
> >>
> >> a.. VSAPINT.SYS
> >>
> >> a.. TMPREFLT.SYS
> >>
> >> a.. TMXPFLT.SYS
> >>
> >> When disabling drivers in device manager make sure that it's name matches one of the above. You can check it name by right clicking it, and chooseing Properties, Driver tab, Driver Details button. This will also tell you the version number of that file and will hopefully match the version of the product. In Trend Micro main program choose Help menu - About to see version info. But not all programs use matching version numbers.

March 26, 2005 3:11:03 PM

David,

Well, the Trend Micro Techs were not very helpful and down right
condecending at times. So, I uninstalled Internet Security 2005 and have a
new AntiVirus program. It seems to be working so far (knock on wood), no Stop
errors or BSODs.

Thanks again! Without your help analyzing the Dump Files I wouldn't have
known which driver was causing the problem!

"bogey61944" wrote:

> [...]
> > > configuration and it started, without any of the Trend Micro (PC-Cillin)
> > > loaded (assuming because that was the last time everything loaded and I
> > > didn't get a Stop error). I had to play around to get my compter to turn them
> > > back on but I still don't have any Real Time Scan or updating ability. Not
> > > sure what isn't starting.
> > >
> > > I think this proves that you were right about it being a driver for this
> > > Anti-Virus software but I'm not sure how to fix it. I ended up disabling the
> > > following 4 drivers:
> > >
> > > tmpreflt.sys
> > > vgapint.sys
> > > tmfilter.sys
> > > tmtdi.sys
> > >
> > > I have re-enabled them but something is holding back the program from fully
> > > functioning. I am gonna search for info on replacing/updating these drivers

March 27, 2005 6:45:03 PM

Glad to help. Most people look for magic answers and are too impatient to go through the process. Without the process you would have been sent off running hardware diagnostics, told to buy a new power supply, or a new CPU fan. But these causes are specific to particular stop codes, and are always only a possibility never a certain cause.

!