Lifted

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004
I was looking into getting a coolermaster Wave Master case (Black), but it does not come with a power supply. I have a Silencer 275W but it doesn't have the 4-pin power conector or SATA connectors. I was looking for something quiet, >300W, with 4-pin connector, SATA connectors and at least two fans (back and bottom). It being black is a plus.

I looked at Enermax and they tend to be pricey. I heard Vantec is nice, but like Enermax they have so many features I cen't keep my head on straight.

Does anyone recommend a PSU for me to allow for future upgrades?

Custom-Built: AMP Athlon XP 1900+; 256M Mushkin Hi Perf; ATI Radeon 9600XT; FIC AN11 Stealth;
80Gb 7200RPM Maxtor; Pioneer DVD; TDK CD/RW 52x24x48; PC Power and Cooling Silencer 275W; SB Live!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I usually recommend the $42 Fortron Source 350W unit from Newegg. It's good for over 400W actual output and has a nice, quiet, adjustable 120mm fan.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually they do list it, $42 without the LED, it was out of stock yesterday and I haven't checked yet today. Because it was out of stock, it was pushed to the bottom of the list.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
There are 4 cable 12V to SATA coverters so that shouldn't be too much of a consideration.

Got a nice overclocked overvolted system to keep you warm at night? That's great. Guess I'll have to settle for a woman...